Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Raptor Grille?

To answer this thread the the PM's I have gotten, I won't be building these grilles. They would have to be built using a vehicle to get everything lined up and if I was able to have a jig to assemble them you would still have to do cutting to remove your outer grille and I know some aren't...
  2. G

Raptor Grille?

Thanks and thank you for your service. On the sides I cut some .090 aluminum at 9"x2.5" and matched the curvature of the grille and body work. I then held the bottom piece on to match the lines from the top of the bumper and bottom of the grille then held one piece and drilled a hole and...
  3. G

Raptor Grille?

.090 aluminum for the main grille and .125 aluminum on the letters.
  4. G

Raptor Grille?

Thanks again guys. :thumbsup: What format of files does your laser run? The wheels are 17x9 Ballistic Outlaw with 285/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT
  5. G

Raptor Grille?

Thanks everybody. I'm digging it for sure. I'm still surprised how many people has liked it. Here are some more pictures I took when the sun got low for better lighting.
  6. G

3rd gen pic's

Got the new grille completed.
  7. G

Raptor Grille?

I got the new grille assembled last night and sprayed it with bedliner this morning. I used VHT graphite wheel paint for the letters. There are some little final touches that I will deal with in a few. Here's how it looks at the moment.
  8. G

Raptor Grille?

Thanks. I got back to the shop and grabbed it off of the CNC table and came home. I'll have a lot of filing to do tomorrow to knock off the sharp edges then taking the die grinder to cut off the old and assemble the new.
  9. G

Raptor Grille?

Well, it's been a busy week in the shop. I was planning on getting started on this yesterday, but I've been swamped. I got the FORD cut out yesterday and the 3 grille pieces cut this morning. Since I didn't get to work on it after work yesterday I was planning on it today. I got a call about...
  10. G

Raptor Grille?

I'll be replacing everything between the headlights.
  11. G

Raptor Grille?

I'm going to try my hardest to get one made and installed this week. My only concerns are having to cut out the outer grille shell, how to mount the new grille, and making something over the top of the new grille so it doesn't cause hand injuries from the edges.
  12. G

Raptor Grille?

I have no words to describe that. lol.
  13. G

Raptor Grille?

How's this? I didn't think about the lower grille. That might take some thinking on the mounting. I'm also up in the air about building a bumper for it.
  14. G

Raptor Grille?

Here's a rendition with taller letters.
  15. G

Raptor Grille?

To be honest, I didn't expect so much positive response and thanks for that. I almost went to the shop today to cut everything out, but decided to get the boat out instead.
  16. G

Raptor Grille?

Thanks guys. The reason for the aluminum, is because I work with it everyday, cutting, welding, etc. It's also readily available to me for free from scrap pieces. I'll end up using the slip roll to match the curve of the front. Here's a drawing of the final product. I may try to do something...
  17. G

Raptor Grille?

Hey guys, I got to thinking about making a Raptor style grille for my rig. I'm a visual person and decided to put something together in Photoshop to get an idea. If I do this I'll have to make a complete drawing so I can cut it out on the CNC at work. I had the idea of using .090 aluminum to...
  18. G

3rd gen pic's

I don't post very often, but I do lurk around quiet a bit reading and checking out other Ex's. Anyways, I decided to finally put on my spacer lift yesterday.
  19. G

3rd gen from Arkansas

Thanks Rondo. I'll be a lot happier with the lift and everything else on. I've also got some Raptor style graphics I designed to go on the sides along with the Explorer lettering that looks like the Raptors.
  20. G

3rd gen from Arkansas

Hey guys, I've been looking on here the past couple of weeks and as I expected, this place is full of knowledge. It is a 02 XLT with 119,000 on the odometer. I'm picking up the new wheels and tires next week then it's on to ordering the Truxxx lift and a cargo basket. I'm still undecided if I...
Back