Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Idea's? - 95 Explorer 4.0L OHV overheated

If it is firing water out the radiator when cranking---I would bet money the head gasket is blown.
  2. H

** Merc Topaz 2.3 liter Cold Start Prob

Sorry--it's an 88 and fuel injected.
  3. H

** Merc Topaz 2.3 liter Cold Start Prob

I was given this car as payment for a job I did for a friend and man I wish I'd have gotten cash instead. Anyways--it cost me 1500 to safety check it for the road. Yesterday morning it was -20C and it refused to start---it would fire on a cylinder or 2 then die. I finally got it going after...
  4. H

Alternator Disassembly How TO?

Thanks for the replies guys. I played with that ******* for hours and it refused to come apart. Took it to the garage and they managed to pry it apart after much screwing with it. It must have been seixed to the bearing as they couldn't get the rest apart---even with an impact tool on the shaft...
  5. H

Alternator Disassembly How TO?

IMy alternator seized up on my wife last week and I am in dire financial straits. I figured I would fix it myself so bought the bearings and brushes. I removed it from the truck and brought it inside. I undid the 4 long bolts holding it together but can't get it apart. Does anyone know of a post...
  6. H

gas efficiency?

I have a 92 EB 4by4 and my gas mileage has been absolutely horrible. Gas is 1.02\litre now. In the last 2 days I drove aprrox 350kms tops and put 70 bucks in the tank. It is tuned and runs good----stock tires 3.73 rear and automatic. I guess either pump the gas to her or sell it. I don't want to...
  7. H

HELP!! Speedo problems

Check your battery and alternator? My windstar did that when the battery was almost dead because of a bad alternator. Guages and speedo quit---then it stalled.
  8. H

a Question from 'An Inquisitive Idiot'

I have investigated this a lot and am looking for a diesel now totry it on. I can send you some links that sell a ready made kit to burn straight veggie oil that you collect from restaurants and drive for free. the kit is around 800 bucks--but have found all the parts online that were offered in...
  9. H

cold starting

Check out that vacuum tree by the brake booster. It likes o lose a plug on the back--hard to see and screws up the idle.
  10. H

Check Engine Light Possible Diagnosis?

Iam getting a check engine light when driving for awhile and engine is up to temperature. With the real copld days here it may not come on at all but it will runn funny and miss until warm. Does this sound like an O2 sensor? If so---where is it--behind the cat or is there other ones. I'm...
  11. H

Tire Question

about 160 canadian for 2 stock roughriders P235 75R15s. About 200 installed and balanced. I prefer the Mud and snow model though. Beefier treads.
  12. H

The New Car Computer: CAN I & II

I could work on my old 350. Could actually reach the spark plugs. If something was wrong I knew exactly what it was by the sound or feel of the car. If I happened to break down---chances are I could rig it to limp home. I will always buy older "antique" vehicles if I can find them. Antilock...
  13. H

'92 Tranny Help

Have you checked the VSS? speed sensor? IT is attached to the speedometer. Mine broke and the truck had no overdrive at all.
  14. H

Seafoam Question

I suspect a lot has to do with how the vehicle was driven. Short trips or highway driving. Was the engine kept in good state of tune, etc.
  15. H

Seafoam Question

I used a can at 240000kms and no white smoke at all. Then again there is no carbon on the plugs either.
  16. H

Explorer keeps dieing

May be a bad alternator.
  17. H

Poor Man's Forced Induction--Leaf Blower?

I was amazed at the 20 HP gains----lol. http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-A1AD23CA9564&p=0
  18. H

Did 92 EB Have a theft system?

Thanks---I'll check it out today.
  19. H

Did 92 EB Have a theft system?

My wife takes the truck tonight after a 200 mile trouble free trip and calls telling me when she opens the door---there is a clicking noise and the interior and headlights are flashing-----it also won't roll over. Of course she gets it running and makes it home. I go out and sure...
  20. H

Please Help!!

Find a long stick or crawl underneath and whack the starter a few times hard and se if it'll turn over afer. My 92 did this and hitting the starter jarred the brushes enough to get it running and to the garage.
  21. H

Get your foot off the gas:

watch the explorer in this---or is it a bronco? http://media.putfile.com/US-Drivers1
  22. H

engine swaps - DIESEL anyone ???

I am interested for possible getting free fuel. This frigging explorer is abysmal on gas. Paying 1.07 a liter for regular right now. http://www.greasecar.com/services.cfm
  23. H

Engine trouble at idle

Possible vacuum hose loose or fell off? This happened on my 92.
  24. H

Complete Front End Job=1000 Bucks?

Ouch---went in to get front end checked and aligned. Turns out I need inner and outer tie rods, all ball joints, four wheel drive outer Ujoints, trailing arm bushings and 2 front shocks. About 400 labour and rest parts. I guess it isn't too bad----I bought this thing year and a half ago and...
  25. H

A/C dead!??

Just add a can to the low side while the truck is running----when the pressure gets in there the compressor should start kicking on and off.
Back