Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

There is some steel in the front of the hood where the latch assembly is and also around the hinges. You can see the layering in some of the holes, your magnet will stick to it.
  2. K

Got my Ex back from the paint shop and they did a very nice job. I'll be keeping a close eye on that hood from now on though.:thumbsup:
  3. K

Mine goes in today for hood corrosion. :(
  4. K

explorer 2013 limited, remote start is not working

Try pressing lock once and start twice, should do the trick. :thumbsup:
  5. K

Has a class action lawsuit been filed on this problem yet?
  6. K

Ok just checked my purchase date which was 9/14/12 so I,m still 6 weeks out of warranty, which still screws me. :(
  7. K

Not according to my guy. They looked at my vin and said I was 2 months out of warranty. Aug. 17 2012. Have to check my purchase date and see what the differance would be. Cause if thats the case I might still be under warranty.
  8. K

Keep in mind that the warranty starts from the date of manufacturing on the vin#, so if your vehicle sits on the lot any length of time before purchase, the warranty clock is already ticking.
  9. K

Okay just got off the phone with the customer service rep for Florida and they proposed the 50/50 deal which includes the repair of the rear hatch hinge area sealant cracking and lifting and the hood repair. My part will be $700, which is less than half the quote I got yesterday. So I guess I'll...
  10. K

Yep! keep a close eye on that 16. Lift the hood and pull the rubber seal down so you can see the seam behind the lip and catch the corrosion early. 3 yrs. max on the warranty repair. :thumbsup:
  11. K

Yes, posts 383, 384 and 392 are new vehicles.:roll:
  12. K

Ok, just got back from the dealer and it was the same routine as everybody else. They said I was about 2 months out of warranty which I knew, and I explained, thats when everybody starts to notice the corrosion. Anyway they took pictures and will submit them and see what can be done. We also...
  13. K

Thanks Meagan :) I'll post up what they say today.
  14. K

Hi Tricia, just pm'ed you about another hood corrosion problem on a 2013 ex :( Taking it to the dealer in tampa tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.
  15. K

LED Fog Lights

Dynamikillu51ons up in the stickys has some nice ones, got a set coming :D
  16. K

Replaced the stock Sony speakers

Much fuller sound. I just changed the front to the triax speaker and left the rear stock. The rear is coax already. I had to shift the sound balance a little further back too compared to the stock setup.;)
  17. K

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Just wrap a piece of cellophane tape around the bulb, it allows a good grip on the bulb to pull it out. Some are in pretty snug but it will come out.;)
  18. K

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Thanks Crystal, haven't heard back yet. I'm off this coming week so I can swing by and see what they found out. I have a little over 12000 miles on my X.
  19. K

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

I'm having a similar issue, my code has to be entered twice every time. Had it checked out while in service and they said the pad might have to be changed out. The tech couldn't figure it out and was going to look on the computer for some factory info about the problem, but I haven't heard back...
  20. K

Caliper Covers for Sport

Ignor all the poo pooers, they're always hanging around.:thumbdwn: The covers look very sharp;)
  21. K

Replaced the stock Sony speakers

Nice upgrade, got the speakers and dynamat coming from cruchfield:D There's a nice step by step on youtube on removing the door panel. Just type how to remove door panel on gen 5 explorer:thumbsup:
  22. K

New head lights WOW

How pricey are the fogs?
  23. K

Problems with Gas Fill

Just saw a recall on the news for mazda vehicles having spider problems. The spiders must have figured out Ex owners were on to their little game and moved on.:D
  24. K

Mounting / Wiring Radar Detector

Love mine too! I get comments all the time, and how can they get one.:thumbsup:
  25. K

Only 6 presets?

He might mean for regular over the air stations.
Back