Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Smartas, Do you have the Hankook Optimo H426 versions on your XLT? If you have the 20" wheels, you would have them. Otherwise, the XLT usually gets the 18" Michelin Latitude Tour HP.
  2. S

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I had this concern when I first bought my Ex Sport. I immediately contacted the service manager at my dealership to get the Yokos that Peter is running. You won't believe it, he talked me out of them! He asked me to give the Hankooks a try before I spent money on different tires. Now that I...
  3. S

Protecting Trailer from Stone Chips

The trailer in question is a fiberglass IronHorse and is enclosed. I only tow once a year to Daytona because of the snow in Ohio.
  4. S

Protecting Trailer from Stone Chips

I have been eyeing up the TowTector (www.TowTector.com) now for a few months to protect my motorcycle trailer from stone chips and other road debris. I am curious if any of you are trying to prevent damage to your trailers too. I already have the Ford mudflaps (front and rear), but I don't...
  5. S

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

You were right! The car said 1.1 MPG better than calculating it. :(
  6. S

@RN_WC - computer MPG. I will calculate it with the next two fill-ups and report back. If I remember. :)
  7. S

I took delivery of my Sport on October 28th and am at 7400 miles on the clicker. I have improved my fuel economy by inflating the tires to 44PSI and using the adaptive cruise control as much as possible. I am currently averaging 20.7 MPG. I would echo the OP comments on the vehicle overall...
  8. S

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

Like the installer of the link Peter posted, I installed mine in a similar fashion, but on the right side of the steering column (instead of the left) with 2-sided tape. I couldn't bring myself to drilling into the panels.
  9. S

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

This new update fixed my poor bluetooth sound quality.
  10. S

Brake comparisons

My Hankooks are the Optimo H426s. I wish Ford would have put Yokohama Parada Spec-X on instead of these. I am fearful that the winter performance is going to be garbage with the Kooks. I digress.. Sorry..
  11. S

'13 Sport Review

NibbleNadzz, I would agree with your post regarding the torque steer. I tried turning off trailer sway control to see if this was it. Nope. I also wonder if it's the tires. I have the Hankooks on mine and they don't get favorable reviews on TireRack. One thing I did try that helped was to...
  12. S

Sync and iOS 6

I'm sure they meant D-Pillar.
  13. S

Fortunately, I go in Wednesday to get MFT update 3.5.1 and the new A4 Nav card. I hope this helps with the bluetooth quality.
  14. S

2013 Ex Sport - MFT - Annoyances FordIVTTeam, I love the interface of the MFT, but have a few annoyances that I hope could be addressed soon. I currently own a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and loved how my Sirius song alerts worked. On my 2013 Ex Sport, not so much. It feels like I am playing a game...
  15. S

Here is the YouTube video of the SRT8 in Denver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH0fpLgYOGc
  16. S

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

http://www.gtechpro.com/ss_fanatic.html
  17. S

I hear ya on the high altitude towing. When I was looking for a replacement to my Fusion Hybrid and Escalade (consolidation), it came down the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and the Ex Sport. After watching a YouTube video of the SRT on a dyno in Denver, I was sold on the Sport. That SRT only made...
  18. S

Consumer Reports - 10 Least Reliable 3-rowers - Explorer take 2 of them

I am a subscriber. Looking at the actual relability ratings doesn't show it being bad at all. From 2008+, the only problem areas in years are "drive system in 2009" and "engine cooling in 2011". 2010 and 2012 are all above average.
  19. S

Aevans, I will be towing my motorcycle trailer with it. Fully loaded, I am around 4,000lbs with two bikes. Coming from a 2002 Escalade with the 6.0L V8, I have no doubt that the Ex Sport will do just fine. The same amount of power and 1,000 lbs lighter. Just need to make sure I do a better...
  20. S

FOUND - Brake Controller Harness Plug Thanks for the reply. I decided to take this head on with from the bottom. This way if anything broke, it wouldn't be seen. After removing the two screws next to the OBD-II port, I gave it more muscle than I wanted, but managed to get the cover above my...
  21. S

Help - Brake Controller Harness Location Looking to move my Tekonsha P3 to the new Ex Sport. I have read numerous threads here, that seem to indicate that it is to the left of the steering column just underneath the knee panel. Well, there is no way I am going to get up there without...
  22. S

Proven things to increase mpg's?

Coming from a Fusion Hybrid and hanging out on hyper mile forums, these are the ones that are the easiest to do: 1. Inflating the tires to maximum pressure (on the sidewall of the tire) yielded me an additional 10% improvement in fuel economy. 2. Maintaining throttle position, not speed...
Back