Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

my first EX was an early build 02 and at 110,000 the trans went, and then at 125,000 the motor blew to pieces... but my 04 has 220,000 and is all original
  2. S

05 XLT V8 swap

Please do it!! i had an idea to do this a while ago but just kinda gave up because i didnt have the time or money. but if you do the v10 swap maybe it will make me a little more motivated to do it
  3. S

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

Well my first Ex I owned was an 02 and had 125,000 on it when it grenaded internally (previous owners maintained it horribly, practically never changed the oil as I later found out). My new Ex is an 04 with 219,000 and the chains rattle like there are no guides or tensioners left at all. will be...
  4. S

The EX gave up

Well, as a quick update, I got the 04 moving under its own power last night. I have a LOT of things to fix/tweak to make it drive right, but at least it moves now :salute:
  5. S

The EX gave up

Well, my Ex is dead. about 3 weeks ago on my way home from school and all of a sudden, the motor just quit. I pulled over and checked all my gauges and every thing was where it should be. So I turned the key and it turned over a little slow but still started up fine. So I kept going and as I...
  6. S

Explorer Supercharger Kit Coming Soon - 2002/05 4dr Explorer

Thanks for the post! (even though i probably should have just gone to your website, sorry) I am glad someone finally made a full kit and I will hopefully be ordering one soon!
  7. S

Explorer Supercharger Kit Coming Soon - 2002/05 4dr Explorer

Any word on the price, components list, and date this will be available?
  8. S

M5OD-r4

So would that trans work with a 2002 4 door with the 4.0? I am planning on swapping to a manual eventually.
  9. S

2003 4.6L & M5R4 Trans

I don't have any info on them but i was wondering where you got the M5R4 because i have been trying to find one and havent had any luck.
  10. S

M5OD-r4

do you still have one of those transmissions left? i may be interested in buying one.
  11. S

Michigan: Silver Lake Sand Dunes

I'm game for a meet and greet! I live up in Petoskey. I wouldn't be doing too much wheeling considering I have a stock 3rd gen. But I can get it through quite a lot if I go fast enough haha (well, except that one time, but that's for the whoops thread) so hopefully enough people are interested...
  12. S

5r55w Transmission Pump Alignment?

I am replacing the pump in my 5r55w trans and was wondering if someone could tell me what I am going to need besides the alignment tool that goes in the input shaft of the pump to align it. And, could someone explain how to actually align the pump with those tools? Thanks in advance for any...
  13. S

No Gears At all 5r55w!!

Well.... the pump is shot. When I go to replace it, does anyone know if the bolts holding the whole pump assembly in are reusable? When I tore the old trans that I had apart I noticed that they have some sort of washer around them that would pop when I was taking them out.
  14. S

My Brown Wire Mod - 1995 xlt

That is awesome!:D only problem i can forsee: how are you going to remember what all those switches do?! haha
  15. S

No Gears At all 5r55w!!

dang, i was hoping it would be something that didnt require me tearing it out for a 3rd time :banghead:.... but when i get the chance today ill disconnect a cooler line and see if theres any flow. thanks for the quick reply
  16. S

No Gears At all 5r55w!!

i know it isnt low on fluid just drained and filled it last night. and i didnt do the rebuild myself i bought the trans off of someone who wrecked their ex right after it was rebuilt, so i dont think the bolts were under torqued (if you're talking about the bolts for the valve body). what would...
  17. S

Lost all gears in transmission, no codes!!

What ended up being the problem? mine did the exact same thing no gears and no codes right now and beyond stumped!
  18. S

No Gears At all 5r55w!!

Ok i was on my way home 2 days ago and i was just cruising in OD at highway speeds and out of nowhere the engine revved to about 4500 rpm and then the engine shut off (Is that some sort of safety feature??) I coasted it over to the side of the road and once stopped, put it in park and restarted...
  19. S

Possible vacuum leak or ?? Hissing noise

there isn't a single thing wrong as far as performance surprisingly.As in it idles fine, ect. but if this helps narrow it down i remember when i first got my ex, every time i would change where the air was coming out, it would hiss. and the noise i can hear sounds exactly like what it sounded...
  20. S

Hit some water a little too hard!

I know this thread is a couple months old but where in Michigan is this? i live up in petoskey but i've been looking for places to put my ex through its paces after a lift and some 33's this summer :D
  21. S

Possible vacuum leak or ?? Hissing noise

For the past 2 or 3 weeks, there has been a "hissing" noise coming from my passenger side under the dash. But the weird thing is, every post about this has the exact opposite symptom that i have. Every post I've read says that the noise is when accelerating, but goes away when coasting or...
  22. S

Who is disappointed with their EX?

Oh where to begin....... First of all, I really do like my Exploder. I live in northern Michigan, and the winters and road conditions here are atrocious for 5-6 months of the year. But out of all my friends and family members, guess who never got stuck? Me, with the HORRIFICALLY maintained...
  23. S

Please Help! Starter problem

Just as a closing update, i took it in to have it fixed at the dealership, and after 4 days and one heck of a headache for a technician, they figured out the problem. Turns out the idiots at the part store I bought the starter from had reversed the solenoid somehow. And that caused a pretty long...
  24. S

ok after hours of trying everything and hours of reading i went out and looked to see what "code" my theft light was flashing after it stops flashing rapidly. it flashes in a 1:1 pattern but all the patterns ive found are 1:3, 1:4, 1:5, and 1:6. so does anyone know what that means??? if anybody...
  25. S

the theft light blinks rapidly when i turn the key and the starter does not make any noise at all and it doesnt even try to start. anybody???
Back