Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

At 65k the Sport is gone tomorow it got traded in for a Cherokee Trailhawk. The car with all the annoyances was a pretty good car. I got 18 mpg over the life of the car. It really needs some fornt brakes as they shudder a bit. It also needs tires. The front seat is showing heavy wear more than I...
  2. S

Beat a silly Q5, but is my Trans about to break??

You should see what the SQ5 does with a tune....
  3. S

to be absolutely clear I am not whining or complaining just stating my thought and experience. I spend a lot of money on vehicles and I expect better. Trust me I haven't even mentioned some of the worst things that have hapeened with this vehicle.
  4. S

Beat a silly Q5, but is my Trans about to break??

The Sport is a bit faster than a standard Q5. However my SQ5 destroys my Sport. Both my SUV's are sleepers.
  5. S

FLEET Dealer Experience

based on what you wrote I would say your dealer experince is similiar to mine
  6. S

Quality is not job 1

After the almost 60k on my Sport I would say that I am not pleased with the quality of my vehicle. Additionally from the crappy dealers experience I have had before, during, and after the sale I would say they have veritically intergrated problems
  7. S

here is the latest I am almost to 60k miles. I am ready to buy tires. Not sure sure what to get, I may just get the OEM. The crappy a pillar cover has fallen off so many times that I refuse to replace the POS until I sell it. I am getting 18 mpg or so since new. MFT still sucks and works...
  8. S

Lock Pick Device

over the years I have seen these used by a bunch of folks there always seemed to be lots of problems with these devices ..however they are useful when they work properly
  9. S

e85 mixing

nice..classy move
  10. S

Sport 2014 or wait for 2015

Sadly they could just offer more value than charge 60K. I have spent the last few months CUV's shopping and at 60k price point even with those features they still may be a bit behind...
  11. S

battery dead today..nothing left on..mysrerious power drain..second time this has happened.
  12. S

Oh one more thing.... my wife drove it a few times and liked the performance so much I had to buy her a fast cuv... so we now have an SQ5
  13. S

Hood Lettering

eh I still do not like this....
  14. S

Update I am now upon the 50K mark... Since the latest software update Sync has been better... recalls have been done 18mpg ave by hand calc I think it will need barkes and tires soon.... not a bad car overall I may keep it one more year until I fond the next vehicle i want
  15. S

So I finally hooked up my Scangauge II.. I am gonna see what the engine does on different octane fuels
  16. S

Ok Once The Sport Is Unfixable

this will be my second one when it is replaced.... I was going to buy a Transit Connect this week but decided to buy a Nissan NV200 instead because I am too worried about Ford Electronics.... I buy 4 vehicles every other year but at this point I don't think I can buy another Ford.
  17. S

I have had the Apim done once... I think I need to escalate..thanks for the kind words
  18. S

Now at 14XXX miles... Ford quality is really starting to show the carpet looks a bit worn especially behid the 3rd row The MFT is a complete POS and I am told it is not fixable and MPG is steady at 18mpg which is not bad... I was going to buy a Ford Transit Connect... but I have decided on...
  19. S

So My dealer (Fort Mill Ford) has basically said the can't fix my POS Sport The MFT is a collosal failure and I have been told there is nothing they can do and no wayto fix my car. However I have a photo journal of everything it does. 1) Does not work for my phone most times with voice...
  20. S

GPS Connection Delays

here is my fav Nav pic
  21. S

I wander has anyone modded these help the turbos spool up faster...waste gate, bov etc.. I wonder if the tunes out there help this
  22. S

2013 explorer sport computer meltdown

my Sport has a bunch of other issues, not the same as your yet. I would do a full reset by diconnecting the batter
Back