Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

04 tranny issue need advice

I have a 2004 4.0. It has 123xxx mikes on it. 2.5-3 years ago a partial rebuild was completed. I say partial because from what I was told it was just third gear that was addressed at the time and the servo pack was replaced. I do most of my repairs but never messed with transmissions. No I am...
  2. S

04 tranny problem. Looking for advice/guidance

I have a 2004 4.0. It has 123xxx mikes on it. 2.5-3 years ago a partial rebuild was completed. I say partial because from what I was told it was just third gear that was addressed at the time and the servo pack was replaced. I do most of my repairs but never messed with transmissions. No I...
  3. S

How to: 3rd Gen LED Halo Headlight Mod

Looks great, thanks for the write up!
  4. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I took the front grill off painted it black and took off the emblem on the hatch and painted that black as well. Then used my vinyl cutter and made tan Ford logo's
  5. S

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

i Checkout the 3 rd gen picture thread, I posted some pics there with the Duratracs on.
  6. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Took advantage of the weather here is PA yesterday and debadged her and painted the grill black to hold me over until I get my billet grills. Also, blacked out the Ford badge on the back hatch and used my vinyl cutter to make some tan Ford logos.
  7. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Just picked this 2004 XLT up 2 weeks ago after rolling my 94 Cherokee. First order of business was getting some new shoes so I put on 265/75/16 Duratracs. Other than that I installed a single din headunit. Up next will be upper and lower black billet grills, black headlights and corners, black...
  8. S

Got my 265's put on on Tuesday. They fit great. No rubbing at all and made the explorer look badass. Will snap some pics this weekend to show it off.
  9. S

I know it says 265/75/16 is what a lot of guys run in stock height( no lift) but damn. My Wrangler Duratracs came in today and they don't look like their gonna fit. Service who is installing them says they won't fit either. Calm me down a bit and tell try will fit no problem? Going on an 04 XLT
  10. S

I am ordering tires this week. Have an 04 XLT I am going with a mud tire and want to go to 265's I see most people say that will fit stock no lift but then some guys say they rub. Will I be good using stock rim and running a 265
Back