Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

nice write up i repaired mine in my 04 i would just add atleast on miine i had a bolt also in the center of the dash underneath the part of the dash that unclips as well as a bolt on the pasenger side just in case your dash might still be holding.I really appreciate the write up probably wouldnt...
  2. B

Fellow ex opinion on rear end

just for your information when I went to the parts store to see if I could find a ( drain plug tool)I though that it was an actual tool that i could buy so I had them look one up and they didnt show one I could even order.I went back next day to get more parts and while I was waiting I looked at...
  3. B

Main rear blend door vs secondary blend door?

I forgot to follow up on rather they could interchange but actually the aftermarket accuator has different size gears in it so theres no way they will interchange unless they are both the same (oemvsoem)I should have known that already haha.
  4. B

ok turns out the reason why the new rear distribution accuator didnt work was because they sold me the one that goes under the dash.Looks exactly the same as the rear and plugs in also the difference is in the way its wired apparently.Just for your information I think this might help someone if...
  5. B

sorry for the large picture im still figuring this out but can you see now the seal leak im talking about.I think i still want to go ahead and atleast change the gear oil regardless im sure it wont hurt i just want to make sure i put the right gear oil so im looking to find what rear end i have
  6. B

ok so i took my explorer apart again and on the 2004 ex atleast mine the distribution accuator is different than the one that closest to the hatch.Its the one with the cross shaped shaft anyways after i took the old one off decited to take my chances and see if part store had one which they had...
  7. B

Thankyou i really appreciate it.I promise i have spent alot of time lately looking for my answers on my own but im still confused on what i even have lol appreciate the help
  8. B

I cant figure out how to post picture dang
  9. B

Hello I jut bought a 2004 explorer xlt 2wd just had transmission rebuilt 1900$ still working on replacing accuators now just realized how much the rear end whines.After reading severl post decited i would start by replacing gear oil so had wife pik up some royal purple 75w/140 and additive...
  10. B

OK thanks i dont know for sure but according to parts store they are different but i believe the main actuator in front of it is the same as the one in front underthe dash.As far as changing these out its no problem after you get the trim panels off its two 10 mm bolts and one 13 nut then just...
  11. B

Which Corners? Poll

I like black myself
  12. B

Hello explorers if we are what we drive (haha). I have a question I recenty purchased two rear secondary blend door accuarators which go to the rear AC unit or whatever its called (its in the rear on the driverside. Theres two blend door accurators the one towards the front is the main one and...
  13. B

New to Ford Explorer

thankyou so much so glad to find this forum i have to take some pictures of our explorer (wifes)right now i have the side rear panel off waiting for part to come in to replace the secondary accuarator blend door haha.Thanks for your response
  14. B

New to Ford Explorer

:us:Hi just wanted to say first of all buying my new used ford explorer didnt start out well and was regretting having bought it in the first place after researching about them after the fact but i must say this forum has giving me much hope and since i like fixing things myself between owning...
Back