Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

New iphone update iOS 8.0

I did update on phone now iphone won't connect to mft .i re paired 4 times MFT keeps trying to connect but won't . The only time I can get phone to connect is when paired for the first time after that phone will not auto connect Anyone else having this issue ?
  2. E

Fuel Gauge Readings

Just took a long trip stopped at rest stop guage read 1/2 thought I was good got back on the road leaving rest area looked down noticed I was under 1/2 ,bar was under the line of 1/2 . Not worried two much but just asking what is the real reading before or after ?
  3. E

Fuel Gauge Readings

Fuel Gauge Question I have noticed my fuel guage will show ie. full and when I shut off exp and then restart fuel guage will show lower than what was shown before. By just a little as if it was on the full line now it just a tad below the line. Has anyone noticed this on their exp ?
  4. E

13 Exp Lawsuit

Yes look at the video it showes the CO meter reading 139 they state anything over 100 is a hazard
  5. E

13 Exp Lawsuit

http://miami.cbslocal.com/video/10284546-coral-springs-family-says-ford-explorer-made-them-sick-files-lawsuit/ Maybe someone could clean up this link to the video story it shows the test inside of truck
  6. E

13 Exp Lawsuit

Lawsuit Ford on TV Local TV in Miami and Ft Lauderdale had a story about a family who is taking legal action on their ford explorer 2013 and the exhaust odor inside when driving. Owner is a FF must be on a haz mat team because it showed the meter they used to check for Co in explorer it showed...
  7. E

I phone text ?

I have done all the set up before ,but still does not work
  8. E

I phone text ?

My I phone was working txt notification was working great. Any issues just had to do a re pair of phone but now text notification and text to voice not working and when phone is paired when select message in past got message this phone is not supported now it allows me to select a txt to send...
  9. E

Apple update 7.1

Ok thanks Did my apple update everything works
  10. E

Apple update 7.1

Is messaging working with the latest apple update for iphone 7.1 Asking bfore I make the update if anyone has done it.
  11. E

Txt repeat

Thanks On a trip and don't have manual and Yes I did look on line first
  12. E

Txt repeat

When a txt come in and is read by mft how do u repeat txts to be read again and where do you how to find them I see when a txts come in a menu showes up but once a selection is made cannot get menu back.
  13. E

Any way to extract vehicle speed info?

Was your wife on a toll road ? U can get the time your car went thru the toll gate and the time to get to the next toll point and get the average speed. This is how they got all the speeding police officers in Fl. My neighbor got a week off for going 78 in a 65 zone .
  14. E

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

So if the sport tips are longer to look sportier do the 2014 have the problem of exhaust odor inside of explorer. I agree with dr plastic it seems possible All the explorers I saw coming off the transport at the dealer seemed to have longer tips both sports and xlt , limited this was only with...
  15. E

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Exhaust odor and dealer Took my Ex into dealer to discuss exhaust Odor and discuss tsb to fix. After about 1 hr of time and looking at my truck with service person and technician . The tech. To the awe of service person told me I might want to wait because Ford has extended exhaust tips so it...
  16. E

Liftgate noises when opening

I have seen the lifting arm apart and it's a screw type of device that turns to lift and close. Seems yours might need a lube, might be a simple repair.
  17. E

IPASS placement?

Just had this issues with my Fl Sun pass had to move it to passanger side of rear view mirror. When I had it on the driver side of mirror my Ex kept getting charged as if I did not have sunpass. They tested my pass and told me to change to passanger side it may interfear with radio signals...
  18. E

Switching to Synthetic Motor Oil

Ok I am running a synthetic oil now I want to know if I would have any problem running a 5- 30 oil vs a 5-20 I see in the explorer turbo a 5-30 oil is noted . All my other 6 cyl engines I ran 5-30
  19. E

Switching to Synthetic Motor Oil

Oil 5-20 or ?? I am now driving across state FL for my job it's a 240 mi round trip and ready for another oil change Can I go up to a 5 -30 oil instead of the 5 -20 oil with out issue. I know with variable valve timing not shure how a heavier oil would act. Just looking for a little more...
  20. E

Send mapquest to sync, etc...

+1 for send to car app. This uses google maps and mapquest only works with a PC or laptop
  21. E

Anyone tried the SCOUT Navigation?

If you want something that will work with nav and sync go to App Store and look at send to car app. This will send google map info to sync it's good for several different auto manufactures. I use it with all my vehicles it easy to use It is also in android app also
  22. E

Anyone tried the SCOUT Navigation?

I believe applink is required to use Scout. Explorer does not have applink.
  23. E

Operational questions on upgrade

Did upgrade went OK Question I see in menu bar in navigation section of MFT sometimes a small box showing direction n,s,e,w only shows up for seconds and when going from reverse to drive it right next to time and temp In nav box. I noticed this box is active when in map all the time, so this is...
  24. E

Donut spare or Full size tire?

Spare tire question Did a search with no results Would a full size tire and rim 20in polished fit in the stock spare tire well under the rear deck of explorer.
  25. E

A/C Recirculation not workin

Try using max ac this should shut down all outside venting, then just set your fan to lower setting . See if that works
Back