Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

2004 Explorer XLT Good Buy?

Its been 2 years now sense I sold m ex, I've been looking to get another one found a 2004 XLT Fully loaded with 137k on it, its very clean the guys asking $2100. Owner States The tranny is slipping in 3rd gear but also states he just replaced the tranny cooler, I know theres no dipstick to...
  2. A

Explorer Build Help.

bump
  3. A

Explorer Build Help.

I sold my first explorer in order to to do some modifications to my new truck, Now i miss my Ex and am interested in building a 3rd gen/trail rig. I'm looking to gather ideas and come up with prices so I know what and how much I need to start my build. So lift opinions, gear opinions, locker vs...
  4. A

Violent shaking after new rims! HELP

Being the offset is different, the tires stick out wider, now your explorer was aligned with the stock wheels, now that your wheels stick out farther your entire suspention geometry has been changed and it could have been out of align before the new rims. Have it aligned and see if it changes...
  5. A

Aluminum's 2004 Ford Explorer

Aluminum's New Toy 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Magnum V8
  6. A

Converting from auto on column to auto on floor?

Well actually some 3rd gen XLS's had a 5 speed manual transmission the 2002 and 2003's arnt that much different if you could find a donner explorer with a manual then you could (PROBABLY) just swap everything over
  7. A

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Your best bet is the 1.5" Body lift. It only costs $50 and takes about 8 hours to do. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012. This is just my opinion but look at the post above this one for more information
  8. A

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Well BTF makes coil spacers anywhere from 1.25 - 2.25" a 2.0" spacer would net you around 3" of lift. Most people run 2.25 Front 1.75 Rear. You can reach BTF at 909-702-7462. Body lift you can do the 3" body lift they dont make one specificly for an Explorer but this will work with slight...
  9. A

Tires need help

It'll fill up the gap yes, I think a 32" tire would fit perfectly. And yes it'll give it a meaner look. But if i were to go back when I got my tires knowing what I know now I would have got the treadwrights. Plus I think they're a little cheaper. EDIT: I found a picture of an Explorer with...
  10. A

Thanks! Hope to see some pictures of your truck up here soon. :thumbsup:
  11. A

Welcome to the forum, Love the Henry Ford quote in your signature
  12. A

Tires need help

Lol you just reminded me of this option. Explorer0693 you can get tires from Treadwright, everyone who has them loves them, I'm actually getting a set soon heres a link. https://www.treadwright.com/ By the way, the Explorer looks great with the Truxxx lift:thumbsup:
  13. A

Tires need help

They would probably do fine like down dirt trails and climbing moderate hills but in mud they're terrible they dont clear out and just cake up with mud here's a pic of them after getting burried up to my frame in mud they just do not clear out at all and you have no traction! Other then that...
  14. A

3rd Gen Options For Mods

I was considering just the locker and maybe gears later. Starting in august I'm going to a trade school on auto service / repair. And maybe after I go through that I can do the gears on my own and not have to pay a shop to do it. Also I've been back and forth on the BWM switch. But I'm not...
  15. A

3rd Gen Options For Mods

Thats what I've been thinking, since it will save me some money and still draw in more air. I'm just thinking should I get a used air box. Just incase I mess up and I dont want to void any warrantys. But still with buying an entire airbox or a K&N filter it would still save me $100:thumbsup:
  16. A

Tires need help

I have 265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM's on my 3rd gen. The tread pattern and sidewalls have a semi mean look. They're not Nobby MT's by any means. If your planing on going offroad I would look for another tire. Because they dont preform that good. If your going offroad I would go with General...
  17. A

3rd Gen Options For Mods

So as of now I have $600 to spend on My Explorer and the next 2 things I have planned are my headlights and wheel spacers, after that I have $375 (More money will be comming in so I'm not to concerned price wise) what should I do next. Heres what I want to do and the prices. I'm just looking for...
  18. A

2005 Explorer Suspension Lift

The 31's will fit on stock height, They dont really make a true lift for 3rd Gen explorers your best bang for your buck lift wise is the 1.5" body lift at under $50 for 1.5" of lift you cant beat that heres a link. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012 Other then that...
  19. A

3rd Gen Lift

Alright thanks for all your help Ronin:thumbsup: . I hope the wait on the spacers wont be too long and to have them on by the end of next month.
  20. A

3rd Gen Lift

Yeah I think I'll be fine, and when its time to get tires I'll maybe get 255/75's. Now what I'm worried about is the post below about it not aligning right. Is that true!?
  21. A

3rd Gen Lift

This is what I was thinking it looks perfect in my opinion, but my tires are 31's and yours are 32's which may make a difference and make mine look to small. But I'll probably go for the 1.5" / 1.25" and hope it turns out good.
  22. A

Show off your LIFTED 3rd & 4th Gens

I don't understand why more people dont post pictures here. But here's mine with a 1.5" Body Lift and 265/70/17's
  23. A

3rd Gen Lift

Okay, so I did the 1.5" Body lift and I wanted to couple that with some form of suspension lift. I only want about 1" - 1.5" of lift. I know BTF spacer smallest are 1.25 which would net about 1.85" of lift. I have 265's and I'm afraid if I go too big the 265's will look too small. My only other...
  24. A

Hockey Pucks..Do they Last? Aluminum? Ranger Body Mounts

In my opinion I would do something like this http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012 You could do 1.5" with the 3" blocks. or do 1" with 2" blocks. For the price you cant beat it.
  25. A

245/70/R17 vs. 255/70/R17

I would go with the 255's In my opinion bigger is better, I have 265/70/17's I had no rub except when I went down hill and turned my wheel all the way and rub was minimal, The rubbing went away when I installed my body lift
Back