Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

04 explorer very ruff suspension

My experience exactly! When I get my oil changed, if I'm not paying attention the guys run the air pressure up to 36 lbs resulting in a very rough ride. As long as I keep my tires at the pressure listed on the door placard, the ride is excellent. :exp:
  2. T

dome light sucks!!!!!!!

Guys, there may be a simpler explanation. Fords are notorious for this problem and the source is the light switch in the door latch. I had the same problem on my F150 and '99 ranger before that. The solution is as simple as spraying WD-40 liberally in the door latch. Close and open the door...
  3. T

Howdy from Texas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I just bought my '03 XLT a couple of weeks ago and was looking for a site devoted to Explorers to keep up with owner experiences, mods and the like. I'm also a member of Ford Truck World and SUV World, but both are aimed at broader audiences. This site is...
  4. T

Outside Temperature Gauge in XLS

The simplest (and cheapest) way to add outside temperature readout would be to buy an aftermarket unit from Pep Boys or the like. They're about 10 bucks, but most lack backlighting so they wouldn't be easily viewable after dark. Next up the chain would be an aftermarket unit built into the...
Back