Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Tellico run 08 is a no go!!! What are we gonna do????

Only thing remotely close to grandfather is Callalante and Bumpus Cove but both are in TN, North West of Boone, NC. Neither will support a large group eaily though.
  2. N

Ill do... I cut the bed today and started preparing the frame to be caged, moved the fuel tank above the frame rails, made teh front driveshaft, and started work on shock mounts.
  3. N

No but they are explorer leaf springs in the rear... well 2 on each side anyway. I dont have any on this computer of it on 37's. Ill post some more up this weekend when i get back home. Its really flexy right now. I weigh just over 150lbs and when i sit in it it leans slightly. After I add...
  4. N

Im gonna try to make it... I dont have my exploder anymore but I got a sidekick if your willing ot let me tag along. Its currently running on some 37x14 IROKS not those dinky 31" rollers. So am i welcome?
  5. N

Zhanx's SAS - HP Dana 44 on 37's thread

if you need some parts and such John give me a call, im working on a swap on teh sidekick after we broke the hell out of it last weekend... didnt hit the diff on anything... just way too much wheelspinning.
  6. N

R37, IFS gear box install

you can probably do this fairly cheap if you use nissan parts.... find any nissan from 87-03 and take teh idler arm mount and the steering box then use this kit to build a bullet proof steering system. http://www.purenissan.com/d21_steering.htm enjoy
  7. N

AWD in the sand, Planning a trip to Cape Hatteras

not of the car on the beach cause i dont like to chance it by stopping... i got all kinds of pics of lighthouses and such though.
  8. N

What spare parts to carry for 2nd gen EX

I have heard its more of an issue with muddy water and mud, fresh water doesnt seem to affect the alternator as much. Sometimes you can rinse the alternator with fresh water and have it start working properly again, most the time once the voltage drops the alternator is gone though.
  9. N

AWD in the sand, Planning a trip to Cape Hatteras

and just to clarify... dont drive too close tot he water but also stay away from the really loose powdery sand as much as possible. I drove my Mitsubishi Eclipse down the beach on Oacracoke Island just last week, im running front wheel drive lowered with 17" rims... just keep moving.
  10. N

R37, IFS gear box install

That setup works but has weaknesses that are much worse than wearing our the inner TRE on a rack and pinion. Having run a nissan for a few years that has that steering setup the "relay rod" or "center link" has to be imobilized so it can only twist on one plane. The problem there comes from...
  11. N

URE video

gracias... it kicks arse. I have had it for a little over a year it went from this 26" tires and open diffs to what it is now on 33" boggers and welded diffs Not bad for having a total of 500$ in it including purchasing the sidekick for 100$
  12. N

URE video

dont have an exploder anymore but got some fun video of our new rig... its a sidekick with no fenders in and no cares about the body. http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/exploderpilot/Zuwharrie%20Fall%202006/?action=view&current=ZUfall06_0001.flv enjoy
  13. N

RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me!

It wasnt only toyotas that used a steering gearbox as opposed to the rack and pinion. Find you any IFS S10 Blazer, Nissan Pickups and SUV's earlier than 2005, Toyota pickups and SUV's pre tacoma, suzuki sidekicks.... its very common to have a gearbox style steering system on an IFS truck...
  14. N

front powertrax POS

sounds like the springs that hold the pieces apart are worn out or one of the pins that the spring sit on are broken or not seated. Pull it apart, Dissassemble it, and reinstall
  15. N

Automotive Customizers are willing to make us some snorkles.

Coming from teh nissan community on thier forums, Automotive Customizers aslo known as A/C doesnt make much of anything in house. He is like a retailer of odd parts.
  16. N

MY Long Travel Build

you can cut the floor out of the cargo area and run a plexiglass shield with dynamat behind the back seats to keep teh crap out and noise down.
  17. N

uwharrie april 7-8-9 th

I dont know if I can make it anymore.... it was supposed to be my weekend off but one of the other store manager quit so we are all having to arrange our schedules. Ill call Lee or John that morning and let you know.
  18. N

3 link SAS

Didnt the Ultiamte Tacoma run a 3 link for the Ultimate Adventure a few years back... Seem like they did and AFAIK they ran it at highway s
  19. N

uwharrie april 7-8-9 th

NO i dotn have any t-cases anymore.... all sold out. Some guy in TN got my last one. Still got a front drive shaft for one though. Hell it being locked up is better than what happens for most people.... most people it just doesnt lock at all with bigger tires on it.
  20. N

uwharrie april 7-8-9 th

crack head? where. Move closer to URE you punks.
  21. N

Shock Rates and Lengths

John once you get soem non-stock shocks the sway bar isnt as necessary... i got soem Ranchos up front and the control the suspension movement enough that i dont use the sway bar on the road anymore.
  22. N

uwharrie april 7-8-9 th

7?.... there is a huge Izuzu run that weekend if im not mistaken. Figured to hit the trails before they got staged and running.
  23. N

school me on radius arm suspension

Angles to watch for are mostly steering/trac bar angles. Most people use a 7*-9* C-bushing. Basically doesnt matter where the radius arms are mounted.... directly under the frame works but sacrifices clearance of you can mount them off the inside or outside of the frame.
  24. N

GWNF Stoney Run Run

Charlotesville is a long way north of me.... any trails you wanna run further south I'm game.
Back