Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Sneak Peak: My Jurassic Park Explorer

Holy crap it's been nearly a year since made any progress?! Damn. I bought a new screen accurate mirror antenna, so that's good right? Repainted the running boards too. Sadly that's about all I've done in the last year. My drive to finish this project has almost completely dwindled.
  2. S

deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread

Wow that thing is cherry. Doing the interior swap would be a lot of work but that car would make a great JP conversion! You don't need that antenna anyway... Rip it out and put the proper fog light in
  3. S

That yellow looks awesome. A little more 'amber' colored than the rustoluem I used. Looks spot on! Keep it up dude.
  4. S

I found mine for like $20 on ebay bro. They're not screen accurate but they're very close. I'm still looking for an exact match.
  5. S

Pragmatic. I dig it. How thick is that plexi? Looks like you just screwed it right into the metal around the sides?
  6. S

Wow. Yeah you're the first I'm pretty certain! Great job dude! So naturally I have to ask: where'd you source the plexi and how'd you shape it? Getting a real shop to make one for me is proving difficult since it's a one-off and they won't make much money on the deal. How come you didn't...
  7. S

Need JP Explorer Decals for Hood and numbers

I'm waiting on a bid for a run from my graphics guy too. All are screen-accurate. I'm doing qty 10 right now but I'll let you know pricing when he gets back to me. It's "7 year" laminated vinyl.
  8. S

completely changed the the post above since I narrowed down a few things.
  9. S

Sorry about the terminology mixup - I meant MAF. EDITED: So I had some funky issues with getting the truck running but after some fresh gas and an overdue oil change we're mostly back in business. OK, so I still need to test the fuel pressure, which I'll probably do in the next couple of...
  10. S

So a weird thing happened a few days ago; after the Ex warmed up I started losing power like CRAZY. I couldn't go faster than about 35mph and if I tried to rev the engine it would just maintain idle and sputter. Good thing it was the weekend and I wasn't too far from home! When I got back...
  11. S

Thanks Maniak! FR was kind enough to inform me of that one. I built the 510ohm resistor into place when relocating the charge light.
  12. S

Cut down my gauge cluster and everything still works fine. Working on a housing for the gauges that will be the base for the dash cams. I'm bummed that the OBDII thing didn't work out but it was time to get this thing one, one way or another. Nixed the whole OBDII idea and decided to cut down...
  13. S

No you're right and that is indeed the approach I was taking. I was using the word "conversion" just in shorthand. The brain is fried. I don't wish to order another one with possibility of frying it too. My OBDII reader doesn't work with my android device due to USB compatibility issues. Its...
  14. S

Well guys I think I'm going to forgo the OBDII thing and instead just chop my existing cluster in half essentially. RPM quit working last week randomly anyway and there's no other parts of the right side of the cluster I can't live with out (I'll lose a few idiot lights: e-brake, seatbelt etc)...
  15. S

At least 4 that I know of. Not all of them are still posting about it though. Sorry about not plugging the site guys, I didn't know we needed it here. I'll be more than happy to mention this forum for the curious but you guys are THE go-to place for Explorer info so any quick google search...
  16. S

Pin out is correct. All b/w wires are bundled together coming off harness, same goes for red so I know those are right. Does it matter if I hook them to battery power or do I need to hook them to a "key on" source? Shouldn't make a difference right? EDIT: I basically disconnected everything...
  17. S

Yeah there was a burnt trace on the power input part of the board.
  18. S

I looked at loads of skylights but couldn't find one that was the right size. The production crew had the dome custom made by a shop just south of hollywood. I've actually talked to the people there but they want way too much $ to make the bubble for me. SO I'm finally screwing around with this...
  19. S

I've talked to a local plastics company that is capable of making it, they just don't seem very willing. It's a "one off" so I understand their reluctance. I think taking some time and meeting with them in person would yield better results but I haven't made it out there yet.
  20. S

Thanks Blue! FR - A few other blogs picked it up too. Bloggers really seem to like to reblog other blogs. Funny phenomenon; http://perezhilton.com/2014-04-26-jurassic-park-ford-expedition-makeover-amazing-pictures/#comments...
  21. S

Thanks for that. I'll put it in a small project box and wire it back into it's proper place. Easy peasy!
  22. S

Got some wiring done today. Wut wut! Used LEDs so CAT5 wire got the job done handily. Ran into no issues connecting the resistor for the 'prove out' on the battery light. Light works, battery charging not effected, worked great. When connecting this OBD2 brain up do you think I need to use...
  23. S

Updated images for you daemon http://i.imgur.com/TAATYe8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/8FrjU0n.jpg
Back