Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Switches?

Wonder where y’all mount your switches for other accessories? The dash design doesn’t have many options
  2. X

06 gremlins

That’s my issue… so many random codes, I have no idea where to start… what’s a real code vs what’s a bs on that was triggered from something else There’s communication faults in all the code groups, I’m leaning towards that causing all the other ws just no idea what to look for
  3. X

06 gremlins

4. X

06 gremlins

A little stumped… lastnight he kept going in to limp mode with the wrench light and no throttle response, restart and was fine for a few seconds then same thing… 3 restarts and refused to give me any throttle… had it towed home. This morning fires right up and drives just fine… tons of codes...
  5. X

Grille problems

Went with black
  6. X

Possible transmission issue or electrical??? 6r60

Sorry to renew such an old post… chasing down the same issue with mine. Did you ever get yours figured out?
  7. X

06 random issues

Well, decided to do the carb cleaner around the intake… I think my intake is cracked or bad gasket… engine revs when sprayed in the back corner
  8. X

06 random issues

Sorry shld have added that… it’s the 4.6 4wd
  9. X

06 random issues

I’m having a hell of a time with my explorer… first it started running wierd and stalling at idle, then it starting not shifting or slamming into gear, then it clunks when comming to a stop… each thing happens randomly except the erratic idle… 4.6 3v 4wd I have changed the plugs, coils, fuel...
  10. X

Towing

Edmunds.com comes up as the first stating the 4.0 is 3200 and the 4.8 is 3100... a few of the other sites that came up all state similar numbers... must be without the tow package they can’t pull too much? I need to invest in an owners manual
  11. X

Towing

Perfect... thank you... my boys is gonna be happy... he’s getting a camper
  12. X

Towing

I do have the tow package... I have the 2” receiver, 7 pin connector and the trans cooler from the factory... I don’t have an owners manual and seems the only information I can find online states 3100lbs the camper I’m looking it’s is I believe around 4000lbs seems I have the 7 pin do I need...
  13. X

Towing

I have an 06 eb with the 4.6... I find it hard to believe the tow capacity is only 3100lbs when the 04 states 7100lbs... is this true? Is there anything I can do to my vehicle to tow a bit more weight? I’m not talking about towing cross country maybe 60 miles at most
  14. X

Timing chain noise

ok so I replaced the tensioners, well the two I cld get to... all has been good until this am... was on my way to work, it lost power, started missing and sputtering, the check engine light started blinking... I pulled the codes when I got to work and have 13 codes... I have cylinder 1-6 mis...
  15. X

Timing chain noise

I run motorcraft syn blend...
  16. X

Timing chain noise

I really dont have the extra money to pull to motor to do the guides... Do u mean just the tensioners?
  17. X

Timing chain noise

ok eddie is starting to rattle on acceleration... He dosnt rattle while idling or revving it a bit in park, but does occasionally for a second while starting up... Im told the timing chain is starting to fail... I have talked to a few people and have recieved three different answers: 1) The...
  18. X

Cab lights??

dont forget the pics! lol
  19. X

Cab lights??

I think it wld look kinda cool... was debating that on mine to be honest with ya... first I wanted one of those windshield visors with the lights on it but cant seem to find one for the 4th gen... was thinking the smoked cab lights lol
  20. X

How far have you driven with your Ex??

rofl isnt that the truth... we took a weekend trip down to va beach one year she brough 2 suitcases of clothes, 2 or 3 different purses, duffle bag full of shoes All I had with me was a duffel bag... I seriously think she planned to change clothes every 30 minutes? Now I know why im...
  21. X

How far have you driven with your Ex??

drove to Pittsburgh n back for school usually average 22.4 down and 19 back... only 270 miles one way all highway
  22. X

Weird Spark Plug Break - not the usual kind

lol its a ford you cant kill it... those are damn good trucks... I have had 16 vehicles... 2 explorers and a town car... those 3 fords have been some of the most dependable vehicles ever... my 06 has 127k on here and I wouldnt hesitate to drive her cross country
  23. X

Weird Spark Plug Break - not the usual kind

Thats a new one by me lol... maybe try one of these screw extractors? We have some snap-on brand ones that go from 1/8 all the way to 1 1/2" they work damn good for broken bolts/screws just have to drill em out first :-/
  24. X

Average age of 5th gen. owners

not a gen 5 but my 06 eb is my second explorer im 28... first one was a 99 eb
  25. X

Has Anyone Tried This Product On Their Vehicle?

used it on my moms buick... 2010 lacrosse cxl, red jewel tint coat paint... worked pretty good actually... if u look closely you can tell something was done cant really pinpoint what was done but, from a few feet away the paint looks flawless... I wanna say the kit we bought was around 60$...
Back