Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2008 Novi SC Sport Track

Now that is very impressive!
  2. P

4.6l performance

Well stated. Jet= generic programming junk.
  3. P

GT-40 Head Roller Rockers

Linky for Rhoads Lifters; anyone know about these? http://www.rhoadslifters.com/
  4. P

bumppppppp
  5. P

I hear you. So, what recommendations for lifters would you share? My original plan was to use the stock ones at 100K but it would be dumb not to replace them while inside. I will be running a blower cam and roller rockers (they arrived yesterday) but need to quickly order the lifters...
  6. P

Thx JT; always can depend on your expertise.
  7. P

Hey enthusiasts, Anyone with roller rocker experience in the 5.0 V-8 with GT-40 heads (not P). In process of selecting roller rockers from Comp Cams; haven't had the valve covers off recently;are the stock rockers mounted with bolts or studs? Comp is unclear now on the specific item to...
  8. P

Good Reason for Forged Internals

The under vehicle neon lights failed to reinforce the engine block. I liked how he sat still at the light and revved the engine high enough to bounce it off the rev limiter a few times.
  9. P

watch until the end.
  10. P

Hee hee; just wanted to share this funny one. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/a077a709-806c-4545-b2af-98d7017df4fe.htm
  11. P

burnouts with oversized tires and stock gears

Hee hee; just watched the 1 wheel burnout:thumbsup: Desperately needing a traction lock unit if not done yet :)
  12. P

burnouts with oversized tires and stock gears

Sweet!!! It must still have the Police "Jerry" chip installed :D
  13. P

Supercharged 02 Sport

Thanks for your accurate, yet neutral, and informative explanation. A little education and understanding can go a long way.
  14. P

Supercharged 02 Sport

OK, smart guy. Glad you know it all.:salute:
  15. P

Supercharged 02 Sport

Sorry, I agree with Justin. Newer MAF meters are indeed not "calibrated" for a certain injector size. If you read more about transfer function, then you may be able to develop a better understanding. This is a common misconception that is prevalent on numerous sites involving performance...
  16. P

Introductory Hello

Welcome to the site. Good luck in the research of your dilemma. I think you'll find lots of information on this site about what you have just described.
  17. P

fuel cooler

Snake oil. Actually any cooling benefit would be negligible as the mixture goes into the compression chamber and reaches the ambient operating temperature. I very strongly doubt (since I don't have formal data) that this item would provide a daily street vehicle any benefit.
  18. P

Whats up everyone!!

Supercharger-bestest way to be fastest.
  19. P

Replaced Ball Joints Horrible Popping/Clunking

Give everything a couple hundred miles to seat and adjust. Then regrease all the fittings. Most front end repairs take a little time to settle; new upper and lower ball joints will change the driving sensation until the driver is also accustomed. A little more time should help your issues...
  20. P

Supercharged 02 Sport

Since the stock MAF "peg's" i.e. it can't meter the increased air flow needs appropriately from an electronic standpoint, simply installing the stock "guts" is a poor decision.
  21. P

Supercharged 02 Sport

Do some research on the Lightning 80 mm MAF meter (stock 99-00) or 90 mm (01 and above) and let us know the results.
  22. P

Beached Explorer

Gives a new meaning to a crash test rating.
  23. P

Beached Explorer

Still under warranty? :D :roll:
  24. P

New 1997 Explorer XLT

Oh, and nice truck- looks like a good deal.
  25. P

New 1997 Explorer XLT

P-1000 means the OBD testing cycle has not completed. Needs certain driving experiences to assemble any possible codes. If the PCM was recently reset, then it has to be driven for a while (there is a specific protocol available that states the exact driving situations needed to complete the...
Back