Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

replaced engine assembly and wiring harness

As far a vacuum goes, I mad a diy smoke machine and forced low pressure smoke into the intake with my compressor. No obvious vacuum leaks. Thanks for your help. Any comprehensive published pinpoint check like thing you know of I can follow?
  2. M

One of the first things I checked, i know the intuitive would have the 5 and 6 switch places on the coil pack.....
  3. M

2006 4.0 explorer --runs so bad it is not driveable. I did the timing front and rear before installing and took it down after at lease one time and checked timing again with the special tools. Second time engine assembly replaced first one lasted a couple years, debris in oil pan clogged screen...
  4. M

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Parts Removal Procedure

Not enough timing chain slack to get the sprocket up high enough. I replaced the LH side head with one from eBay with comparable milage 150K plus. I used a new gasket with nothing in the way of sealer and a new set of 12 and 8 mm torque to yield bolts carefully torqued to specs. Looking to see...
  5. M

2007 4.0 SOHC Not running right after complete timing job. Starts and dies .

Compression is zero in cylinders 2 and 3. Also, I checked 2 with a plug in 3 and 3 with a plug in 2. Still nothing.
  6. M

Well, I decided to check the timing by pulling the valve covers, because I don't know how to do it by checking compression. Low and behold i pulled the passenger side cover only to learn that both the cam was in the exact position it needs to be when in when the crank pully 's keyway is at high...
  7. M

Since most of it is pressure torqued I'd check your compression before running it any longer. If you have the special toolkit for timing you can retime the engine in the truck. While it is still in the vehicle? All right. Learning that just energized me to go in the garage and start pulling...
  8. M

Spent the past week doing a timing job both sides 2007 Explorer 4.0 SOHC . After I triple checked everything, it's not running right. It'l start up one time and run for as long as I press the gas when I let up, it dies and won't start again for an hour or two. I have the special tool to hold...
Back