Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Someone stop me!!!

Buddy of mine had that EX, he replaced 3 radiators in 3 years, and a transmission. I helped with the last two radiator replacements. 4 words: P.I.T.A!!! My Trac is an 03, had my fair share of issues, but nothing like the issues he had. my opinion is to keep the Trac, but opinions are like...
  2. G

Think it'll fit?

Ok, here are a few pics of the box: I'll get dimensions figured out, and then post em up. I did have to hammer on the steel wire that holds the upholstery on the seat. If you bend that wire up, you can get close to 8" in height from the floor. I have the speaker wired...
  3. G

Think it'll fit?

Got it to fit, finally!!! This is by far the most butchered piece of carpentry I've ever created, but it fits in the truck and the sub fits under the seat!! I calculated the box to be about .744 CF which is over the size listed for this sub. I need to do some finishing touches, and then...
  4. G

Think it'll fit?

Sweet, shoot me a PM if you decide to go, I might tag along. Also, I had to tear the box apart a little tonight to fix an error I made. It's a solid unit, just waiting for the glue to dry overnight. Tomorrow I'll dry fit it, and then install the sub. If this fits, it's gonna thump!
  5. G

Think it'll fit?

Holy crap, I live right down the road and I didn't know this place existed. I need to get my arse down there and see what I can get my hands on. I've got a whole list I'd like to replace. Are they reasonable for parts?
  6. G

Think it'll fit?

I'm just north of you on 28, off the Cheswick exit. :) I didn't finish it yet, it's a serious PITA! Also been looking into getting new front fenders. The paint is starting to bubble behind the headlights. I know once it starts it won't stop, so I'm looking to just replace them outright.
  7. G

Think it'll fit?

I'm going to try and put one of these under the rear seat: It's a Punch Stage 3 10" sub. It's frickin huge!! I think I can fit it, if I build a down drive box. Going to attempt to build it tonight and see if it'll fit. Hopefully it does!! :D As soon as I get it built I'll post up a...
  8. G

Stopping Movement

Yup, born and raised a yinzer. I went to Cal U, so I spent a lot of time in Little Washington, not far from the college. :) After I got it back from my inspection, it still did it. Had another bad tie rod end, plus a bunch of emergency brake issues. It's probably the u-joints or *four...
  9. G

Stopping Movement

This is why I had the wheel bearings replaced a little while ago. One side the bearings were shot, the other the sensor was toast. I really appreciate everyone throwing out ideas, I'm not a mechanic by any means, hence why I'm asking yinz. :)
  10. G

Stopping Movement

I did read about this, just wanted to see if there were any different opinons. Thanks. :) Normally I don't care about stuff like this, but I'm traveling over 90 miles each direction for work right now, gets kinda annoying.
  11. G

Stopping Movement

I'm up 28 towards Cheswick. It's at a garage in Sharpsburg getting inspected now. Haven't really persued it with my mechanic yet. Nope, I keep the rims cleaned out when I'm off road. Made that mistake before. LOL Brakes were completely redone about 6 months ago, new rotors, they're still...
  12. G

Stopping Movement

Ok, got a 03 sport trac 4x4. She's got around 82K on her, and its a love hate thing. I love it, but I hate the crap that keeps going wrong! Here's the newest problem. When I am come to a stop, sometimes it feels like theres a movement up front somewhere, or somethings shifting slightly...
  13. G

"ello ;)

Howdy folks!! Names Granite, I'm from Pittsburgh. I got a used 03 Sport Trac last January, I love it, but it's beginning to drive me crazy!! :frustrate I'll get into that in the Sport Trac forum. LOL
Back