Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Running board rust removal

Rust rust rust Greetings All, I have a 2001 Explorer Sport with rust on those grey running boards. The spots are particularly rusty near the round plastic caps at the front and back of the running board. I'm also noticing some rust bubbles around that plastic top step area. I intend to...
  2. F

ODBII code P0171-System Fuel Too Lean Bank 1

Thanks thundertiger and EBInterceptor, I'll probably take a "wack" at it myself. I'm going to grab some penetrating oil and verify the leak. It's almost cold enough here for the classic leak symptoms to show. I have the procedures (and some diagrams) from www.alldatadiy.com, so that should...
  3. F

One Last Thing, Sorry to be going post crazy, but I've really lost my cool over here. I'm thinking about taking a bite out of some dealer's hide on this one. I remembered how I asked the dealer last April about this very specific problem and listed my symptoms. I asked if they new...
  4. F

Yup, SOL :fire: Well, Ford's 800 number just told me I'm SOL and so did the dealer. The lady on the phone went so far as to correct me when I mistakenly said recall instead of "owner notification program." That's wierd since AllData has it listed under their "Recalls" section. Man, this...
  5. F

So, I've got 76k on my 2001 Explorer Sport and I've been experiencing nasty idle-hunting, cold startup stalls, and last night I just got a lean code on one of the banks. What you do guys think my chances are of having Ford pay for this? It's been going on during the cold season since a year...
  6. F

Chugging/low rpms at the stop sign

IAC Valve Could this be a possible IAC valve issue? You may wish to look there. Oodles and Oodles of info on that problem.
  7. F

Any Recommendations on Front Rotors?

Thanks for the info! Also, everyone thank you for the info on the ceramic brakes. My life has changed from when I originally bought the vehicle and I now do a lot of city driving. From everyone's recommendations, I guess I'll skip the ceramic brakes.
  8. F

Drilled AND Slotted? In regards to the rotors, would drilled AND slotted ones be ok? I've seen some of those at decent prices online and I was really curious. Thanks
  9. F

Greetings All: Well, I replaced one rotor and had another remachined at 50k miles. I guess my mistake there was taking it to the Ford dealer in the first place. Now, it's just over a year later (at 70k miles) and one of my front ROTORS is warped again! This is just nuts! My pads are worn...
  10. F

High pitched whistle

Me Too! I seem to be having serious whistling issues as well Here's the scenario: Occurs only when vehicle is in motion, high-pitched air-sounding whistle Stops when vehicle comes to a stop and starts right up again when the tires are rolling. Now, I've had the brake pads quieted, It...
  11. F

removing emblems off '98

No Explorer Logo
  12. F

Squeaky sound when started...

Remarkable! I've noticed the same thing on my 2001 X Sport too! In fact, today it seemed a little more noticeable! Perhaps a spray is in order.
  13. F

Paint matching

A 2001 paint job Here's a question. What about standard grey? I have a 2001 Explorer Sport that is Navy Blue with the grey running boards and grey bumpers. Is the standard grey a difficult color to match? My right running board and rear bumper have some scratches in them that are rusting.
  14. F

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

Heh, that goes without saying! :) Oh well.
  15. F

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

Here's a good one... I'm driving a 2001 X Sport SOHC 4.0L and I've noticed the same whine on occassion, the issue with starting in winter, and even some occassional low idle, but my IAC DOES NOT HAVE the black cap on it like everyone else's does. There is just a solid round metal stub in...
  16. F

Hear Anything? Does anyone have any updates to this story?
  17. F

Wheee! Well, looks like this issue is going to be here for a while. I have to move into a new apartment in July. Guess I'll just have to find another local trailer rental store in my area. This sort of crap just ruffles my feathers. Even a bunch of my lawyer friends look at this and exclaim...
  18. F

High-pitched screeching coming from front wheels and SCREW UHAUL.

Greetings All. Before I get to my topic, I must say SCREW UHAUL! I have never seen a such disfunctional company stay in business. It's been a pain every single time I've dealt with the company. Believe me, I'm not referring to trailer/truck availability at all, since I understand some of...
Back