Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2011 - Adaptive Cruise Control Won't Stay Engaged

My situation was the same with a 2013 Limited. The second time it failed and I took it to the dealer they replaced the sensor. I've had no issues with it since then.
  2. M

Ford Lip Service..

To the end of Feb. 2015 Ford has sold 800,000 Gen.5 Explorers. The bottom line is our issues with our Explorers are completely irrelevant to Ford.
  3. M

thedriversseatcommunity.com

To maintain membership you will have to fill out 3 surveys a year.
  4. M

thedriversseatcommunity.com

Access to The Driver’s Seat Community is by invite only. You need to receive the same email that the OP did.
  5. M

Why are ford explorer parts always on backorder

I agree. I needed front strut mounts for my 2013 Explorer and was told "parts are unavailable at this time". That has everything to do with Ford and not the dealership.
  6. M

Ford A6 Navigation SD Card

I don't live in Saskatoon, only get there infrequently. I'm not sure what address is close to the Circle Drive South Bridge. https://www.google.ca/maps/place/South+Bridge/@52.09761,-106.69513,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x5304f0bc8a19f331:0xe2e5706e5dcef822
  7. M

Ford A6 Navigation SD Card

Same here. The A5 card does not have the new bridge on it. I'm hoping the A6 does.
  8. M

35W or 55W HID bulb

A bit of research shows that a "35w" HID bulb and a "55w" HID bulb is the same bulb. It's the ballast that makes the difference in light output. If you are swapping out both the bulbs and the ballasts then keep your current bulbs as spares. I would be concerned the projector housing may...
  9. M

35W or 55W HID bulb

There will be no difference in light output between a 35w and 55w bulb with your current ballast.
  10. M

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

Our 2013 Limited had a clunking sound in the front end at 23,000 miles. Both front strut mounts were shot and replaced. A separate issue was a whining sound, the rear wheel bearings were also replaced.
  11. M

Paint coming off parking sensor?

The same thing just happened to my 2013 Limited. Since a trip to the dealer will be a 1.5 hour drive and it will take 2 or 3 trips to get this fixed, it's definitely not worth it to me to take it in. A bit of touch up paint will do it.
  12. M

New head lights WOW

Do you have a link for the LED projector fogs?
  13. M

MFT "Spell Name" Command

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense. Too bad MFT doesn't have a setting for "actual spelling" and "predictive spelling" that could be selected, depending on the owners preference.
  14. M

MFT "Spell Name" Command

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Next time I'll try letter by letter and see what the results are.
  15. M

Wheel Bearings and Front Strut Mounts Worn

Thank you Brittany. Moving forward we are hoping the Explorer will be trouble free.
  16. M

MFT "Spell Name" Command

When using the spell name command for navigation, the results don't reflect the spelling that you say. As an example, we were trying to find Corman Park in a nearby city. When MFT said to begin spelling I said C-O-R-M to get it started. The results on the screen were: 1. PERFORMANCE PLUS...
  17. M

Google anywhere and you'll get images, they are not representative of actual driving conditions. I've never had a wheel bearing fail in 40+ years of driving. My F150 has 180,000 miles on it and the wheel bearings are fine.
  18. M

Just got the Explorer back, parts came in for the struts so wheel bearings and struts are fixed as well as a loose exhaust mount. Hopefully this will be the last trip to the dealer. Fingers crossed.
  19. M

Yes it's frustrating, only because I'm not used to dealing with vehicle issues, something I apparently need to adjust to. The Explorer goes in tomorrow morning for the wheel bearings, I haven't yet heard when the strut mounts will be available.
  20. M

I'm an old dog that is used to reliability, something that apparently seems to be lacking in all makes these days from what I've been reading. As for worrying about something that may never happen, 10 trips to a dealer in 19 months does nothing for my confidence. Regardless, the wife says she...
  21. M

It appears it doesn't matter what brand you buy today, reliability of vehicles is not what it used to be. Both my wife and I do like the Explorer, hopefully we won't have to throw to much money at it once the warranty runs out.
  22. M

It will be the same as the Ford dealer, the nearest city is a 2 hour driver each way. I'm not assuming that the reliability of other brands is better than Ford. I was thinking of a Buick Enclave but it appears to have issues as well according to that forum, although I haven't found a 63 page...
  23. M

I'm definitely glad that the repairs are under warranty, my main worry is the cost of repairs when the warranty runs out. We had a 1995 Crown Vic for 9 years, a 2004 Crown Vic for 8 years, and 1999 F150 that I still have. Never a warranty claim on any of them, the F150 did have a recall on a...
  24. M

The wife's 2013 Explorer Limited was due for a service. It has 23,000 miles on it, 90% of it on the highway. Recently she mentioned there was a whining sound at any speed and a clunking sound when she puts it into gear. I had the oil change done at the dealer where I bought it and was told...
Back