Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

99 Explorer Auto Shift lever problems

Got the part from the Dealer @ around 450% of Kbabiak (had to get my Explorer going so I could stop stranding my wife at home). Installation was fairly simple and it is running again. Thanks for all the help.
  2. J

Dealer has is for nearly double what it is on eBay. Now I have to decide between spending the extra $60 or waiting. I actually wrote on Kbabiak's parts post per the recommendation I received via PM. Thanks for the help.
  3. J

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the info. Having a hard time finding the cable locally (2/2 scrap yards where 0 help).
  4. J

This is a picture of a stock photo that is exactly what I have. The end eyelet broke off somewhere in that shaft (it pulled out and the braided steel is broke). Can it be disconnected somewhere in those connectors prior to the braided cabling on the right?
  5. J

Found the problem, or at least part of it. The shift lever cable is broken under the car about 5 inches from the eyelet that connects to the transmission. I'm guessing something was jammed up and my fiddling with the shifter broke the cable (that would be the point where I felt something let...
  6. J

Last Friday on the way home from work I noticed my shift lever was extremely hard to use but I didn't have any issues other than that. Yesterday I go to leave for work and now it wont start. I knew it wasn't a battery issue but I left in my wifes car as I suspected the shift lever to be the...
Back