Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

RJ45 Jack

I do believe it is factory as I have the same plug in my '97 Eddie Bauer. No clue what it is used for, but it is there. I just assumed old style car phone jack.
  2. M

Antenna Question

Does it just pull out like it does on the back of the radio? Yes, it does. Might be a pain, but just twist and pull till it cooperates.
  3. M

Antenna Question

Did this last summer. Only need the antenna and its mounting base. The cable will plug right in to the fixed antenna base. The hardest part is getting the old power unit out. Have to remove inner fender liner.
  4. M

power locks going crazy!

My problem ended up being the wiring harness going to the drivers door. I had a broken wire and a scuffed wire in the bundle that comes out of the pillar and goes to the drivers door. It became very intermittent after I un hooked the battery, but that was just an anomaly I guess. It has...
  5. M

All new rotors/pads and right front is rubbing?!?!

replace the rubber brake hose. 99% of the time if the inner pad is rubbing it is because the hose has collapsed inside not allowing the piston to retract. Simple test is to open the bleeder and see if the piston goes back smoothly with very little resistance. If that happens then you know the...
  6. M

1997 Explorer Hood release malfunction

Just went through this last month. I went through the grill with a pair of small vice grips and grabbed the cable just to the right of the latch assembly (toward driver side,so actually left) and tugged on the vise grips till it popped. I used that method till my new cable from Rock Auto...
  7. M

Tailgate Swap

The hinges do adjust in/ out and side to side. I just put a '98 hatch on my '97 (so the wife can open it) and it fit terrible at first. A little patience and fiddling and all is well now. You can adjust the hinge at the hatch and also under the rear of the headliner. Also as a heads up, all...
  8. M

Axle Damper/Stabilizre 1999 explorer 4x4

just installed a new KYB from Rock Auto last night. It was extremely firm. I had a whale of a time pushing it in, and it had no return on its own. I had to compact it to get it in there, then pull it down to get the bottom bolt in. It was very stiff! as a comparison the old 198,000 mi...
  9. M

New battery,New alt -still wont charge

no batt light and no charge but gauge works, My money is on the green w/ red stripe wire in the charging harness. Been there and have the bald spot to prove it. check my user name, there is a multi page thread on it.
  10. M

ped5stang-good seller

I bought a V8 oil filter adapter through classifieds, communication, price, response time and part are all top notch!
  11. M

99 up V8 oil filter adapter

Looking to see if any one may have the oil filter adapter that was used on the 99 and up V8 Explorers. I am tired of my leaking '97 cooler assembly! I'm in central Ohio.
  12. M

Coolant leak 99 Explorer 5.0 V8

one of those very places just destroyed my sons car "servicing his transmission"! 98K and she is done for. Get a second opinion. my .02
  13. M

1997 ranger stx xlt

Pull the negative battery cable for 15-20 mins and the check engine light will reset. I have nothing on your other issue, I'm a V8 guy.
  14. M

Tire/Wheel Question

Mine Fit just fine. No rub and no lift.
  15. M

Shopping for tires for my '96 Eddie Bauer

I am currently running 31x10.5x15 s on my stock '97 EB, no issues at all. I currently have some Falken A/T tires, but only because I couldn't pass on the deal. My personal preference is the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A. I have had them on Broncos, Bronco IIs and on an Escape. I LOVE THOSE...
  16. M

Different 4x4 Switch?

yes it is for air ride. firm or soft basically. There is no 4x4 switch on an all wheel drive.
  17. M

Mustang 302 vs Truck 302

Everything I have checked states that both passenger cars, trucks and SUVs past 1995 all have hypereutectic pistons, so I guess the bottom ends would be the same. The bore and stroke have to be the same since they are both 302's so the crank is the same. If you want an opinion, here is...
  18. M

Found my 4406 swap vibration

Nope, just the stock Expedition driveshaft. Been slow at my regular job today so I did some poking around the webz and I am wondering if my front pinion yoke got wallered out when the 4404 went bad. It appears that the 1-0134 and the 1-0153 are in fact the same 3.219 across with the same 1.063...
  19. M

Found my 4406 swap vibration

So far what I discovered is the u-joint listed in the 4406 swap thread does not seem to fit the front pinion yoke exactly right. It was nice and tight between the 2 outer stops on the pinion yoke when originally installed, but somehow it had side to side slop between the pinion yoke stops...
  20. M

AWD Explorer selector switch???

Yes, Limited and EB's had the switch. Cannot confirm if '98 had front and rear or rear only as mine is a '97 EB and had both front and rear air shocks when I got it.
  21. M

AWD Explorer selector switch???

It is probably the air ride switch you are seeing. It is in the same location as the 4wd selector. It should say OFF ROAD and NORMAL RIDE.
  22. M

HELP!!!! Need to know what transfer case I need

You can get the shifter mount from Dorman. I made my own shifter and linkage out of some bar stock. I listed the measurement for that linkage in here somewhere. Oh, and the bushings for the linkage are from Dorman in the HELP section at most parts stores.
  23. M

5.0 lower intake removal tips

As I am rapidly approaching 200,000 mi. I figured it was time to seal up and freshen up the ole girl. My lower intake seams to be seeping at the front corners, I know big surprise. But I have had those front 2 bolts bite me in the tail on my mustangs before and wondered if anybody had a...
  24. M

power locks going crazy!

Nope, I don't see how it worked either, but it did seem to work somehow. Never charged the battery at all. I would just jump it and run to work. It would stay charged all day even in the bitter cold temps. I am still keeping an eye on things till the weather warms up and I can actually get my...
Back