Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Wheel travel ?

TTT Man I loved my 98......... :thumbsup:
  2. I

Wheel travel ?

How much wheel travel does the ifs on the 2nd gen explorer have? Ramp Travel Index scores? How about in the rear? What are it's approach, crossover and departure angles also..... What is the lowest point underneith the vehicle and how low is it? If I had my 2nd gen near me I'd go...
  3. I

98 5.0L is tired....Any good crate engines?

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:
  4. I

Okay let me explain my self a little better. Nothing is seriously wrong with the engine. Compression is within spec. I would like to freshen up my powertrain so I can enjoy the vehicle for another 200k miles. I would suspect that with some new bearings, rings, and with one leaky lifter being...
  5. I

I'm in the process of trying to figure out what options I have. I may go though the engine but considering I have limited time I am considering anything else that will bolt in and work with the factory electronics. Also it needs to work with the 4r70w tranny. I'm wondering what other if any...
  6. I

2006 Explorer

it is still going to be built for the road as the apprach/crossover/departure angles are not that improved.
  7. I

2006 Explorer

havent finished reading yet but am wondering if you mentioned the soilid axles.... yes the svt sport trac will have solid axles also.... ;)
  8. I

How much for driveshaft?

Any one got a pic of the cardan yoke? This goes in place of the cv joint? Also any idea on how much I will need to get it lenghened? Now if I could find out how much longer it needs to be and find the correct cardan yoke that would be awsome and save me some cash.
  9. I

How much for driveshaft?

Hey guys. I just purchased the 4 inch superlift kit for my rig. I didn't order the driveshaft cause I wanted to see if I could find it for less elsewhere. I know I will need a new driveshaft. But do I have any other options and how much should I spend for one? The best I have found the superlift...
  10. I

Pick my tire size and wheel combo.....

Will do. I am going to order the rockcrawler series 51 wheels. :D update: I ordered the 33x10.5's I will let you all know how I like them once I get this thing all together.
  11. I

One last thing. It says that you will have to order the caps seperately below. I do not see an option to order them though...........
  12. I

Oh ok thankyou. :thumbsup:
  13. I

Nevermind...lol thanks again
  14. I

Cool! Do you know if they come with center caps?
  15. I

Is this what I am looking for? 15x8" 5 on 4.5" w/ 3.75" Backspacing (perfect for most jeeps) PCW51-5865
  16. I

That is awsome! Who knows the hook-up for a good deal on some CHEAP 15x8 wheels with 3.75 back spacing. I thought someone posted a link for some $40 dollar black ones but I don't remember where.....
  17. I

Do they have the M/S designation on the sidewall? I assume they do since they are a MT....
  18. I

I am pretty sure the last time I check that BFG had that size listed for the AT/KO's. Something to keep in mind for sure...... :thumbsup:
  19. I

They are pretty close to the original height to width ratio of the oem tire size also. Do you think They will be proportionate to the vehicle with its lift width wise? Just trying to make sure it will look good too since I am spending the cash. Opinions appreaciated.....
  20. I

I am a BFG AT/KO loyalist after using them for a winter after others brands. It is funny About half of the fourwheel drive vehicles in this roaring fork valley have them. My two buddies in 4x4s didn't and they were helpless in my driveway after a snowstorm. Also, Do the Kunho's have the...
  21. I

I took the plunge today and ordered moog upper control arms from rockauto.com. I also placed an order for a 4 inch suspension lift from Superlift. What size tires and wheels should I run? They will be BFG AT/Ko's for sure. I do not want any rubbing and would prefer not to have to trim the...
  22. I

ExplorerDMB00's 2000 XLT (7" Lift w/ 33" SSRs)

Beautiful! Add one more to the list who wants to model their explorer after yours. :thumbsup:
  23. I

Another Suspension Lift Question

Wow! That is a nice looking ex! Now that is exactly what I want out of mine. How does it drive on the highway? Can you still take it on a long road trip? any tire rub at all? :thumbsup:
  24. I

2000 XLT ALL WHEEL DRIVE (NOT 4wd) lift kit?

May I ask the details as of why?
Back