Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

The Sport is lower (and stiffer) than the XLT.
  2. J

I have no idea how you got that awesome of a mpg, but congrats. I just got back from driving from New Orleans, LA to Destin, FL, and back, and only averaged mid 20's on the highway. And this was with fresh synthetic oil, perfect tire pressure, average ambient temps of mid 50's, average speed of...
  3. J

What can I do with it now? (Lund Racing Tuner)

I agree that you shouldn't be able to tune multiple cars with the same set of tunes, that's not the topic here. What I'm talking about is being able to use the same device, but buying a new set of tunes to use on a different vehicle. There would be no loss of money on the vendor's end other than...
  4. J

I didn't start this thread to bash Lund or any other company for that matter. I am truly trying to see if there's any life left for this device, that I just paid $600 for, other than taking up space on my desk. That being said, if I would have read something like this prior to buying the tuner a...
  5. J

I've decided to remove my Lund Racing tunes, and put my 13' Sport back to stock permanently, but I am now learning that (unlike the Superchips tuners) that once the tuner "marries" a VIN number it can never be re-used for any other vehicle.....or at least that's what I'm being told. I even...
  6. J

Lund Racing Tune Issue/Concern/Recommendation

I felt like I was just reading my own thoughts just now. I am experiencing the *exact* same things. Rough idle on cold startups, loud bang during the 1-2 shift, etc. He (Ken) sent me an email this morning, and said that the update should definitely be out today. Like you, I haven't tried the SS...
  7. J

And this is exactly why I think it's a good idea that we discuss any perceived issues. Fortunately, my Sport doesn't idle rough at all without the tune in. If I put it back to stock, the idle issue is completely gone, but this makes me wonder if perhaps the tune is just "enhancing" an...
  8. J

Already done that. This is just a place to openly discuss the issues.....unless there is any reason why discussing the issues shouldn't be made public?? That's kind of almost like saying we shouldn't discuss any issues with our vehicles at all, and should keep our issues/problems strictly...
  9. J

I spoke with Ken briefly via email yesterday, and he said that he was going to have an update out today that's supposed to address these issues, but that hasn't happened yet that I know of. Guys (and gals), if you are having any issues at all with the Lund tunes, please post them in this...
  10. J

Livernois tuner

I was told by Ken at Lund Racing this morning that his tuner is "locked to the vehicle permanently". Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Lund and Livernois use the same tuner/flasher? This is all news to me because I have always purchased SCT tuners for all my vehicles previously (with custom...
  11. J

Not yet, as I mentioned, I'm trying to see if anyone else is experiencing these things first. I know at least one other person is because I saw a post asking about the reverse stutter in another thread. I also figured it would help Ken by concentrating all of this feedback in one thread for him...
  12. J

I just received and installed the Lund Racing tunes a couple days ago, and am noticing a couple things that I'm not sure about. First, let me just say that this is not by any means intended to be a bash session against Lund Racing. I am VERY happy with the overall performance gains, and...
  13. J

Blacked out rear pillar

Reminds me of a Flex.
  14. J

Member Interested in Mods / Ideas

For the performance upgrade, I would look into a tuner. I, personally, run tuners on all my vehicles for many years now, and they are by far the best bang for your buck. After that, the gains are minimal other than major upgrades. For black emblems, look up Plasti Dip on youtube. Blacking out...
  15. J

Introducing the Livernois Motorsports Split Personality Tuner (SPT)

I fully agree with The Cheat, an economy/performance combo would be what I would look for. Also, does the tuner have to be permanently installed in the vehicle in order for this to work?
  16. J

Sport 170* Thermostat Questions

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's the point of changing the thermostat?? Does it really make that much difference? I just ordered the Lund tuner btw.
  17. J

1/4 Mile Run Times

The Lund Racing tunes used in the op's video, and the one everyone is referring to, is it the Hypertech tuner or the SCT tuner that you guys are buying? I went to the Lund site and saw both. EDIT: Nevermind, Ken got me sorted out. I was looking at the wrong thing. Tuner is ordered!!:thumbsup:
  18. J

What is your preferred method to "launch" your Explorer Sport? I have noticed that if I just remove my foot off the brake, and "punch" the throttle that the turbos seem to spool up pretty quick, and gets the whole car moving pretty quickly. On the other hand, if I try to give it a little...
  19. J

I still don't understand what the issue is with the iPhone5. Both my wife and I have iPhone 5's, and they work just fine with My Ford Touch (Sync) in both her 13' Sport and my 13' Raptor. We use our phones for the regular phone stuff, plus stream Pandora, all via Bluetooth. I just installed...
  20. J

Both my wife and I have iPhone 5's, and both phones sync and work properly with the nav/Sync systems in both, our 13' Explorer Sport and 13' Raptor. What kind of issue are you having? Also, I should point out that I just had my dealer check the Explorer for any updates just this week while it...
  21. J

So has anyone sourced a good aftermarket tuner? I went with Troyer Performance's custom tune on my F150, and they did a great job, but their four month waiting list is a bit much now. There's a lot of people doing tunes for the twin turbo ecoboost for the F150's, but I don't see much being...
  22. J

Just ordered a 13' Explorer Sport yesterday, now the wait begins!! We really went back and forth between the black/sienna and the all black interior, and since pictures online are never a good representation we ended up playing it safe and went all black. We knew for sure that we absolutely...
  23. J

New member, first post

Hi all, my name is Jason. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post of (hopefully) many to come!! I joined this site because my wife and I are about to order a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport, and I'm looking forward to joining in lots of conversations with you guys. I am a Ford man through and...
Back