Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

Different configurations will not help, you must crack one or both of the front windows around a inch or so. It really is just a physics thing.
  2. K

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

Since the OP hasn't confirmed if the buffeting was the issue the only other thing i've noticed that also sounds like a helicopter when the windows are down is the moonroof slide shade or cover. The material will get caught in the wind and flutter quite a bit.
  3. K

Howling Noise

I have found the noise to be the wind coming thru the windshield wiper frames. If you turn on your wipers at that speed you will notice the noise goes away while the wipers are at the top of the sequence. Does it everytime and everytime the noise goes away at the top. Looks like just a design...
  4. K

3rd Row Power Button cover / disable switch needed

I had this happen to me over the weekend and one time earlier. It seems the motors are set for a certain pressure point before they return to original position. I'm guessing....Ford planned for this and made the pressure point well before the gears or motors would fail? My fix has been to grab...
  5. K

POSITIVE 2011-2013 Ford Explorer Experiences

First post here. Bought my 2013 LTD in Oct and love it! Gave up a Beemer for it and can honestly say I don't miss it! So far, so great! But...whats up with that massive Ford emblem on the front grill! Bet I would get 3 more mpg without that thing!!! LOL
Back