Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

4x4 high lighting flashing code p1827

Having the 4x4 problem again with my 02 explorer . . Throwing a p1827 code for 4x4 low clutch relay ground short. Any idea on common problems thatll cause it? Fixes? 4hi 4lo dont work
  2. J

2002 p1812 4x4 flash lighting

Ive seen a few threads with comparable issues to the ones im experiencing but none of which are the same. I have a 2002 explorer 4.0. My 4x4 high light is flashing after start up. It flashes 8 times then stops, and repeats. About two years ago i replaced the 4x4 control module behind the glove...
  3. J

4x4 control module gen3

Do you not recommend unplugging the CM? And just pulling the fuses?
  4. J

4x4 control module gen3

i have a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 4wd. have been recently having issues past few days mostly, 4x4 high light blinks approx 5 or 6 times per minute. in the past the 4x4 low would randomly engage (not sure if cause tire size or wear an whatever) but any way i was thinking 4x4 CM just because the...
  5. J

Wheels: Offset, Backspacing, & Wheel Spacers

Sounds easy but definetly still a little confusing. I have a 02 explorer an want to get wheels and tires that stick out and that almost sit flush with the outside of the fender. . From experience which backspacing or offset would you guys reccomend?
  6. J

New to the forum

Hows it goin everyone, im Jim im new to the forum have been reading alot lately and figured id register so i can have a part in the conversations. Ive been reading alot about the lifts and leveling of the 3rd gen explorers. I have an 02 that is currently stock i love it. Im looking to just...
Back