Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Hands-Free tailgate issues

sounds like XLT16 and I have had the exact same experience with this. I actually had my dealer look at it while it was still under warranty and they couldn't find a problem I didn't know about the TSB and obviously they didn't either. Funny thing is the one time i was walking up to my truck...
  2. B

Hands-Free tailgate issues

I got tired of my tailgate coming down on me while loading groceries, and also sometimes coming out of a store only to see my tailgate wide open. so i finally did a couple searches and found this thread, Best option is to disconnect the wire. If you disable in the vehicle settings than you lose...
  3. B

Aries 4" Oval Nerf Bars / Running Boards 11-15 Explorer

bstollmaier, cant believe you got rid of your explorer. what are you driving now ?
  4. B

Aftermarket wheels

stever40 here is the offset and stuff tires are Falken tz04 285-40/22 they don't rub at all. here is the site i used to compare tire size to original Tire Size Calculator - Compare Tire Sizes | Tacoma World Heres my original thread from 2013 with them on my white 2013 22" Wheels For Explorer
  5. B

Aftermarket wheels

finally put my wheels on my new 2016 Giovanna Killis 22s
  6. B

Plasti dipped grille

Yea the 2013 is gone, it was a lease return. Except for the paint problem with the front edge of the hood the truck was flawless, but I was happy with the deal they offered on the 2016 so i took it.
  7. B

Plasti dipped grille

3 years with 2 tough winters my truck had 40,000 and it was holding well, it was looking a little dull so I gave it a fresh coat got a 2016 now so i havent figured out what im going to do with the grill, if i plasti dip it ill post it here
  8. B

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Am I allowed to take credit for the smaller grill? : )
  9. B

Back up cam

Does lock pic allow you to view rear cam while driving forward ?
  10. B

Plasti dipped grille

i like the gloss black heres mine plasti, i went two tone after seeing it with the grill off.
  11. B

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

real nice should be a sticky post
  12. B

Aftermarket wheels

all wheel drive cars should always have same size tires all around. these things are more like front wheel drive cars with rear assist but I think it would still be bad to have different size front and rear
  13. B

Aftermarket wheels

Falken makes 285 40/22 tires as well I got the tz04 in that size
  14. B

New guy here with 13' Ex Limited on 22's

nice looking wheels, the grey looks perfect
  15. B

KG Custom Ford Explorer

that truck looks great, 24s are a good size wheel for these trucks but i agree wouldnt be great for everyday driving.. im not a fan of removing the roof racks
  16. B

My XSport is getting some new paint,

looks great! I say black door handles and some sic 22s and your done
  17. B

interceptor grille....new oem grille ?

yea not my truck, just a pic I found, I was hoping to like the grill a little more on a white truck but im not sold on it ...
  18. B

interceptor grille....new oem grille ?

I like that grill the best on a black truck, here it is on a white one
  19. B

old timer still at it

post up pics when your done
  20. B

SD and USB

ive used an "iphone to rca" cable from ebay to play videos from my iphone on the screen, it works good but only when in park, i think lock pick lets you play video when driving. I never use it though, i understand why they eliminated it.... would be cool if you could play youtube vids on there.
  21. B

Lowering the Explorer

looks good that's the perfect height......
  22. B

new member and first time ford owner

looks good! i like the running boards
Back