Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

I wish I had a fix. It has been to cold here lately for me to look into the problem farther. I already did everything I could think of. I really need to run the smoke test again. I just keep my code reader on hand and keep resetting the code. I'm hoping to fix the problem within the next few weeks.
  2. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

I replaced my egr valve plus gasket and it is better but my Lt fuel trims are still near the +20s. I knew I had a leak in that area after using my diy smoke test. Where else can the vacume leak be? I have check all hoses and even replaced some of them. I know it is a vacuum leak because as I...
  3. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

Yep everything is all stock. I will check the compression. The only reason why I thought it may be an intake leak is because after I replaced the intake gasket my fuel trims went from bank 1 15% bank 2 23 % to bank 1 25% bank 2 25%. Both numbers increased. I thought maybe it had a previous leak...
  4. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

Unfortunately I don't have the on-board mpg display. So I did it the old fashion manually way by calculating it out.
  5. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

If I recall I think I do remember seeing the pressure listed in the menus. I think it was around 39. I will have to double check that though. Those are the only codes for the engine. I have a trans code about the pressure solenoid ( really it is a servo bore leak). But this code would have...
  6. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

Do you think A smoke test should be my next step? How do I test the fuel pressure if I dont have a test port. thanks
  7. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

I have already checked all of the hoses and they look in good shape. I did replace the pcv valve hose because it looked like it could have been bad. I think my next thing is to rig up one of the diy smoke test machines to hopefully see where / if there is a leak. Where would the fuel test port...
  8. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

I put the new MAF sensor in and my ltft did not change a bit. (I disconnected my battery so everything is reset). The values are identical to before. At idle my ltft is +25, when driving the ltft is also +25 it goes down to 23 with a change in terrain but then climbs right back to +25. When...
  9. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

Just for any update, today I replaced my intake gaskets as well as the pcv valve plus its hose that connects to the intake. My ltft for bank 1 and 2 are now both exactly +25. Before Bank 2 was +23 and Bank 1 was +16. I am now think being though these numbers are identical it may be the MAF like...
  10. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

The ltft is just an average of the short term right? If thats the case than the average is calculated overtime so in the end when i view the data for ltft at idle it already has stored the values when it was on the highway. I have checked it while moving and it still was the same high result...
  11. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

any ideas? thanks
  12. J

04 4.0 Bank 1 and 2 lean

Hi everyone, I am having the bank 1 and 2 lean codes coming up on my 04 ford explorer 4.0. I have 255k on the explorer. I know the older generations had major issues with the intake gaskets leaking(both lower and upper). I cant seem to find much info on the newer generation 4.0 that is used in...
  13. J

Tranny issue in 04

I know 9L2Z7G391A is the part that should go in there. My question is would the 1L2Z7G391AG also work? Isnt the 9L2 just a newer revision for more reliability? I can get the 1L2 for a lot cheaper. I am really looking to put the least amount of money in my vehicle being though it has 250k with...
  14. J

Part # for 5r55w solenoid pack

Anyone have any more info about the part numbers? Thanks
  15. J

Tranny issue in 04

anyone have more info on this? Thanks
  16. J

Part # for 5r55w solenoid pack

Did anyone ever find out the difference? I order 1L2Z7G391AG for my 04 4.0 but i think it is supposed to be 9L2Z-7G324AA . Will the one i order work? I have 250k on the explorer now so i don't think i will get a whole lot left out of it. So longevity of the Solenoid probably isnt my biggest...
  17. J

Tranny issue in 04

Hi everyone, I am having the same issue with my 2004 4.0. I ordered the solenoid however I think I got the wrong one after looking into it more. I ordered 1L2Z7G391AG it said for the 4.0 but upon looking further it appears to only list the compatible vehicles up until 03. Did they change the...
  18. J

04 Explorer rpm fluctuating while driving

Awesome!!!!! By any chance would you have the link to your postings and where you got the solenoid pack? Thanks!!!! You made my day! I was thinking major trans problems(still is also a chance but doesn't sound like it)
  19. J

Anyone have any more ideas? Thanks
  20. J

How can i diagnose if the torque converter keeps unlocking? I also ready one of my codes when the overdrive light was blinking and it said p0775 pressure control solenoid b.
  21. J

Does the torque converter lock only in overdrive?
  22. J

Would the converter even be locking? Im not even in over drive when this happens? I thought it only locks when it is in overdrive? My idle is also a little rough and not the smoothest. Nothing drastic though.
  23. J

Hmm didnt think about that. What would cause it to only do it under load? thanks
  24. J

Hi everyone, My explorer has been acting up lately. While driving the rpm will fluctuate between 2000 and 2600. It will only do this when there is a load on it like going up a hill. When it is in overdrive it will not do this. It seems like a fuel related issue not transmission because the trans...
Back