Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Tip for Replacing Body Panels

Hopefully this can help someone, I learned this just recently after being hit in my explorer. So anyway, I found out that between 95, 96, and 97, the paint and pinstripes on explorers change from car to car, between two 96's the Eddie Bauer pinstripe was about a half inch off from the other...
  2. T

Wanted 96 Eddie Bauer Passenger fender and rear passenger door.

If anyone else sees this, I am now just looking for black. Trim doesn't matter. And rather than edit my post or make a new one I figure this will bump it back up there.
  3. T

Wanted 96 Eddie Bauer Passenger fender and rear passenger door.

I am looking for a fender (front) and door (passenger rear), for my black 96 explorer. I need one with the gold trim and pinstripes. If you have either of these, please leave a post with how much you want and estimated shipping to my zip code along with where you are shipping from (in case I...
  4. T

Front bumper Plans 2000 XLS

It seems hard to find anything like that anymore, I have had a wanted ad in the appropriate section of the forum and have gotten nothing yet. My ex was totaled a couple days ago and it messed up the bumper and passenger fender and I plan on building one out of some steel tubing. It might be a...
  5. T

Wanted Bull bar, Brush Buard, Push bar, or steel Bumper.

I am looking for anything listed in the title that goes on the front of my explorer, its a 2nd gen Eddie Bauer, 1996. If you have something let me know how much you want and we can figure out shipping. Thanks!
  6. T

Front Trailer Hitch

Anyone?
  7. T

winterized

This thread is a little old now, but it was meant more as a tip than to be mean. ;)
  8. T

Front Trailer Hitch

colintrax, I figured the radiator could be an issue since it is lower than the two frame rails that come out to attach to the bumper, which is where I want to mount this hitch, and what I am looking for would stick out about where the original plastic piece under the bumper had the hole in it...
  9. T

Front Trailer Hitch

I am looking for a receiver hitch that can mount to the frame in the front of my explorer. It is a 1996 Eddie Bauer w/ 5.0L V8. The lower plastic piece of the bumper has been removed so that it wont be in the way. I have read a few threads and people seem to have installed them but I am worried...
  10. T

winterized

If you are wanting to get bigger tires, you could easily clear 31x10.5x16s, and you could possibly go larger. There is a sticky in this section of the forums that lists max tires sizes based on how much lift you have. And (not to be rude) another suggestion might be that when you post a question...
  11. T

Non Hub Centric Wheels and Broken Studs.

Yeah, I have started to see that with the research I have been doing. I am just going to make sure they are centered and properly torqued. And replacing the stud took about twenty minutes by the way, and it was much easier than I thought it would be.
  12. T

I heard the same about plastic ones, thanks for the link. I will probably be ordering them within a couple days. But are they fine for steel wheels? I stopped by a discount tire and they said that these rings didn't even exist, and eventually the same guy said they have them but they wont work...
  13. T

Thanks for the info, I plan on replacing it pretty soon. Any suggestions where to get good quality rings/adapters for it?
  14. T

Any opinions on the SCT SF3 tuner?

Thanks for the response, and that is all I needed. But sorry I didn't see it sooner, I didn't get the normal email notification.
  15. T

Earlier today I was switching out to my old tires and wheel because my alignment is off a tiny bit from replacing ball joints and I wont be able to get an alignment for another week, and I had a bit of trouble taking one lug nut off, but I was able to get it off. Then when I went to put it back...
  16. T

Any opinions on the SCT SF3 tuner?

I am looking at buying this tuner, I have been looking for a while and I have seen some people say it is good but I haven't been able to get any good ideas on what it can do or if it is worth the $379.99 that I could spend on plenty of other things.
  17. T

Front end knock/thud when turning and accelerating?

Well, After cleaning the underside of my explorer to get rid of the dirt, the problem has slowly gone away, to the point that it rarely occurred and wasn't nearly as bad, and now, it is to the point that I haven't had it happen for over week. Now I am on to replace the tie rod ends. EDIT...
  18. T

It is not the CV's, and all of the other suspension components are good, the clicking was my front sway bar hitting the frame because the bushings were old and bad, I replaced those and that is gone but I cant figure out the clunk/thud sound now. It almost sounds like its from near the...
  19. T

Alright, So I have a more specific description, now I am able to tell it is about halfway between a click and a thud sound, and I can feel it at my feet but I cannot feel it in the steering wheel. And it only happens when turning, or accelerating while going over a bump in the road. I have a...
  20. T

Thanks for the replies, but I have looked at it and a mechanic has looked at it also, tie rods and ends are good, everything with the sway bars are good, and the ball joints are fine. So I'm hoping it isn't the drive shaft but its always possible, and also, I noticed it makes a clank sound when...
  21. T

I have been driving my explorer for about 2 years now, but it has been in my family (My dad drove it) since 1998. Other than some small issues like replacing tires and a couple other things, I haven't had much trouble. Recently, I have been hearing a knock/thud noise from the front end when I...
  22. T

Biggest tires?

Before I did a TT and added shackles on my 96 Eddie Bauer, I was able to fit 31s just fine, no trimming at all.
  23. T

Torsion Bar Twist Problem HELP!

Mine is the same way, my drivers side was a quarter of an inch lower than passenger, so I ended up adjusting the torsion bars earlier today so the driver side is 1.75 and passenger is only 1.5 so really they are now level and both 1.5 inches higher.
  24. T

Thanks for the reply, but I just figured it out, my explorer front wheels lean in a bit at the top (I need and alignment), so when I would lift it with my jack it would make them go back on the floor in the correct position, and when I would drive it my wheels would do back to how they were...
  25. T

Just yesterday I did the whole torsion bar twist thing on my 96 EB, my problem is, after doing it and getting about 1.7 inches, it goes back down to only about a half inch increase from my original height, is this normal and I just have to go turn the bolts more or are the bars bending? I am...
Back