Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Found this in my garage under the Explorer

The second picture makes me think it is from a sway bar link. After looking again, it may be from an upper control arm.
  2. J

1S4Z-19G365-AB ford Pats bypass module

What is the theft light doing when you attempt to use the remote start? I had just the ring go bad on mine. So I just had to replace that. Unfortunately the ring is not sold separately... Or at least is wasn't at the time. Edit for another thought.... If you put a working key in the...
  3. J

Speedometer Stopped Working

Sounds like a combo of not aligned properly and/or worn loose parts. Make sure the sensor is plugged in securely. Also make sure it is seated in the pumpkin properly. I don't remember if it can get put in 180 degrees off. it really shouldn't but just in case.
  4. J

Stock LSD?

My 99 Sport did.
  5. J

Front CV Half Shafts - Motorcraft? Or can I go cheaper?

All my 4x4s make nasty noises while turning when in 4WD. It's normal.
  6. J

How to open the back window?

A Rock? JK. You did unlock all the doors? On the clicker click the unlock twice then the glass button. Edit: Just reread the post... You don't have a clicker.....
  7. J

PATS Module replacement in steering column?

Sounds like you have something after market in there... Remote starter or security system. There is not much to the transponder and if was replaced by cutting the wires previously, whoever did it did not pay much attention...
  8. J

Misfire,Skipping/running rough at idle HELP!!

Crf3, How many miles? Any codes?
  9. J

Clicking Temp Blend Actuator Removal

Went out to run errands this morning and heard this noise. Then the "Check Charging system" came on... New alternator installed.... Now I need the blend door actuator. Great video!!! Thanks.!!! PS anyone want to buy an 05 Ex?
  10. J

Battery keeps dying

It would seem to me that the alternator is ok. With the car sitting for 3 weeks in the cold and then the -20 temps it is no surprise to me that the battery froze. I do not really think there is anything wrong other than the time in between starts along with the cold.
  11. J

Factory remote start problem

For some reason the operators manual is hard to find or non existent online. It was difficult to get it from the dealer when I had mine installed. When the bride gets home I will look into this but I did find this online: You have to press the brake pedal and press the remote start button 3...
  12. J

Factory remote start problem

Depending on the model of remote start you have the 6 beeps typically indicates that it is in Valet mode. My wife did this once. If your remote fob has the numbered buttons on it here are the instructions to get it out of Valet mode: in the ON (RUN) position press the 2 button on the...
  13. J

I am thinking O2 sensor, how about you!

Because I was only getting P0174 (Bank 2 lean) and not P0171 (lean bank 1) along with it, I ruled out the MAF or vacuum leak. The P2197 (B2S1 O2 sensor Stuck) along with the freeze frame data lead me to believe either the sensor was bad or in fact that bank 2 was running lean; indicating a fuel...
  14. J

Driver Side Low beam out

If you have power at the plug for the bulb check the ground... They do go bad.
  15. J

Battery keeps dying

Is there any aftermarket accessories installed? Look under the dash for any oddly placed wires. How old is the battery. I know they "tested" it but that does not always mean it is a good battery. If it is older than 5 years definitely replace it. There should be a date on it somewhere. I...
  16. J

AdvanceTrac Issues

A quick search found a dash cluster for $450. Labor rates vary but I would suspect it to be a 3 hour job. Not sure what the book rate I on it. I was out of warranty when I first noticed it. That was 7ish years ago. I have learned to ignore it I guess...
  17. J

AdvanceTrac Issues

Sure. You will pay for it though.
  18. J

I am thinking O2 sensor, how about you!

My 05 Ex with the 4.6 started to idle rough today. Ran fine yesterday. Then after a stop at the mall on the way home the MIL came on. I was hoping for a misfire code but was not so lucky. I retrieved the following. P0174 and P2197. Bank 2 lean and Lack of HO2s- B2S1 Switching, Sensor...
  19. J

"Check Advanc Trac"

There is a TSB about this. TSB 06-11-11. It is a software issue in the dash cluster. The repair is to replace the cluster with one with the newer software. The processer in the dash cluster looses the signal from the Advanc-Trac module, because it shut down with the key being turned off. The...
  20. J

Off Road Experience With 5th Gen Explorer !

I can see how the airdam can be a hindrance. Deep ruts and you are all but helpless. I usually air down to 11-15 lbs depending the weather. My first season was a learning experience. I will have to keep a better eye out this summer for some 5th gens. I am hoping to get at least this...
  21. J

Sorry mods guess I didn't search far back enough... Tmg, thanks for the info. So you are familiar with what I am talking about, the real soft Cape Cod sand. After reading all the other posts, they sound like they are more than capable to run the beach.
  22. J

5th Gen off road capability More specifically, soft sand. I do a fair amount of fishing on the Cape Cod Sea Shore and have a permit to drive on the beach. I have had a 1999 Ex and currently a 2005. The 1999 was much better than the 2005. I have been thinking about replacing the 2005 with a...
  23. J

New England Explorers - Still Active?

There was a fairly active group here but it has apparently fizzled away. I am guilty as charged. It was called NEX or something like that.
  24. J

Fog light relay?

Does this 'mod' allow the use of the stock fog lamp switch to shut them off. Like the 2nd gen mod?
  25. J

Parasitic Current Draw??

You should not loose your PATS programming from a dead battery. I suspect the PCM is defective.
Back