Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

wanting to lower my sport trac, need help

probably gonna lower mine some more tomorrow,,, gonna remove the torsion bolts and install 4'' blocks in the rear....
  2. S

Front bump stop removal

which ones did you use ?... i want to do mine
  3. S

Wheel well photos-tierod,ball joints and possibly others

I have an 03 sport Trac xlt lowered ,, i'm running Mevotech upper control arms and their Terrain Tough lower ball joints.. no problems at all with them..
  4. S

2004 Sporttrac Roll Pan!!!

I was thinking of making my own to, since there are non for us Sport Trac guys....
  5. S

common issues to avoid in used Sport Trac

i've got 150.000 on mine,,, only major things ive done is ball joints,, swaybar end links and thermostat housing,,, oh and a couple brake calipers..
  6. S

Advice needed on scan tool

i use the torque app,, i like it...
  7. S

shocks for lowered tracs

the trimming helped out alot,, ended up goin with kyb monomax hevyduty shocks up front,, i like em rides even better,, now to order some for the back...
  8. S

a4ld help??

i need some opinions,,, i have aquired a 91 ranger with said automatic transmision,,, it runs good,, needs a battery,, transmision is full but when put into gear will not move,, ideas??
  9. S

New to the forum

i have an 03 xlt too,, i may buzz ya about your lights...
  10. S

Rough ride, lowered ex sport- bump stop issue?

i ended up trimming my bumpstops..
  11. S

shocks for lowered tracs

trimmed em up today.. now to test it out...
  12. S

2004 Sporttrac Roll Pan!!!

i'd like to find one too....
  13. S

shocks for lowered tracs

i was thinking of trimming them down bout halfway...
  14. S

shocks for lowered tracs

thanks man,,, yea i bottom out,, havent really measured the clearance but it's pretty much sitting on the front ones and i'd say a couple inches in back,, i plan on getting some different bump stops for it.. was gonna go with energy suspension bump stops at all four corners,, part no.. 9.9102r
  15. S

shocks for lowered tracs

sorry bout picture size,,
  16. S

Rough ride, lowered ex sport- bump stop issue?

so did ya go with the energy suspension ones? im hitting both of my bump stops.. im lowered 2'' up front and 4'' out back..
  17. S

shocks for lowered tracs

i want a firmer ride,, i've lowered the front 2'' with the torsion twist and blocks in back at 4'' it looks really good ,, level too .. it's my daily driver.. im running 275-40-17's ..
  18. S

shocks for lowered tracs

any suggestions on shocks for a lowered sport trac??
  19. S

Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer

i've got mine lowered 2'' all the way around but am contemplating going lower,, did the tt and 2'' blocks in the rear..
  20. S

Help With Thermostat Housing and Thermostat... coolant leak.

check the sensor conections,, i think they may be similar if i remember correctly.. did mine awhile back.. i dont think either heat range for your thermostat would make it read that.. i think i put a 180 in mine..
  21. S

Lower ball joint

i'll pick up a couple and let u guys know how they do,,,
  22. S

Lower ball joint

hey man,, what do you know about this one.. MEVOTECH Part # TXK8695T Terrain Tough Ball Joint Front Lower looks like a really good one..
  23. S

New to the site

sounds like a cool project,, my other ride is a 95 t-bird,,, you could check out tccoa.com awesome site for bird enthusiasts i'm a member over there, now gotta get a membership here..
  24. S

Lower ball joint

Looks like i need to replace my driver side lower ball joint,, it's showing sighns of wear.. was thinking of buying this one ,,, RAYBESTOS Part # 5051281 anyone ever use this brand?
Back