Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Time for tires

For me, the Hankook hydroplaned pretty much out of the box. We have some monsoon style rains so that is one thing I look for in a tire. These are always YMMV discussions (since my wife drives slightly "aggressively") but I would not buy the LTX Premiers again (I have heard good things about...
  2. A

Time for tires

Thanks Bill
  3. A

Time for tires

I was thinking about the Defender LTX M/S (I think some may be confusing the PREMIER LTX, which is the MXV4 replacement, I could be wrong obviously) What is your or any other's experience with road noise which seems to be the #1 complaint of the defender LTX M/S tire?
  4. A

2016 Explorer Sport 265/50/R20 - Yes!!!

What was the diameter and width difference vs. sport? Please post pics when you get a chance (Thanks)
  5. A

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Just the appearance. If you look at range rover, Acura MDX, or Highlander you'll notice nice tight fit. I think the EGRs are great though, just the drill bits in a new car mental issue I have but I'm happy with the ones from ebay. I'm hoping Ford makes the next gen EX (2016 largely...
  6. A

I was speaking to below the door or distance from below the door to the ground. A nerf bar could be out down and out/away from the body/door. On nerf bars (straight tubes, oval, round etc) I've seen nice fit on Acura and jeep grand Cherokee but not so great on the explorer. Always seems a bit...
  7. A

Running boards part III I'm on my second explorer and I've tried 3 set's of running boards. Everyone has an opinion so there are no easy answers. My personal opinion is use what works for you. My the kids seem to always step on the threshold of the door when they enter rear doors...
  8. A

The Dee Zee's fit fine with the factory-ish dealer installed flaps/guards. Wheel well to wheel well is about 75 inches so use that as you guide. Westin, and many of them are 75" so they would be a no-go with the front guards on. I'm stilling thinking the EGRs but I think you have to drill...
  9. A

Looks like it to me. I'd like to keep the front flaps on myself. By the way. The Iconic and westin "stylized" appear to be virtually identical. Send us a link when you get these bolted on please:thumbsup: These are on my short list, I like the thinner look too Iconic - yet to see anyone...
  10. A

Iconic or Westin Stylized Running Board Seems like everyone has gravitated to the Dee Zees. I like them but wish they'd integrate strip gap cover. I was looking at Iconic CXV, EGR (still has a gap) and Westin Stylized (Carid). I like the black. Has anyone ventured off the Dee Dee Ranch?
  11. A

Has anyone tried the transcender running boards? or Iconic CXV? http://www.ebay.com/itm/121162312501?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 In general, I'm not super happy with the running board options, maybe I'm too picky. Most are too wide (owens), too short (ATS), too much...
  12. A

banged brackets They do a poor job shipping, mine were tumbling around in 1 12x12 box
  13. A

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Thanks for the feedback smoke. I think I'm in. My wife has a Honda Odyssey getting ready to go out of 3/36 (no flames please):( and I was researching the "Honda Care" program as well... that seems to be a sham. When I have taken her van in (numerous times) the mechanic can't do anything...
  14. A

'13 Sport Review

2014 Explorer Sport I just got my new 2014 and as a previous 2011 limited owner I'm very impressed. Say what you want about mileage, (I'm getting 16.8/22.3 ish) the performance is what is needed for this vehicle. I have to say my 2011 was a bit anemic and a little disappointing. The...
  15. A

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Ok, now that most of us are 2.5 years or more into our 2011 Explorers has anyone actually had a blown Sync system or is glad they purchased the ESP beyond peace of mind?
  16. A

Ordered 2014 sport explorer

2014 Order Hi, If the date an the bottom of the sticker was 26th of July does that mean it was just built today? Thanks Ashley
  17. A

http://youtu.be/ig4-iOA-KGI I installed them in about 90 minutes. on the ground. I had about 4 inches of clearance between my nose and the mount points under the explorer so I was ok not using a lift. (Large to XL hat size):) The directions were clear enough with photos so you should be...
Back