Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

I Got Lucky The Second Time...The Ford Store San Leandro, CA

One last note, ever since I got my Explorer back from The Ford Store after the injector system repair it's smelled of anti-freeze, it never smelled like anti-freeze before , I don't think The Ford Store of San Leandro, CA sealed the engine back up correctly and now I have an anti-freeze leak...
  2. D

I Got Lucky The Second Time...The Ford Store San Leandro, CA

I have a 2013 Explorer Sport with 89K on the ode, I recently had 3-fuel injectors (#4,5 & 6) replaced and all 6 plugs because the 3 injectors all supposedly "blew out" and were washing the cylinders with so much gas that it fouled out the spark plugs. My shop (an ASE approved independent)...
  3. D

Need to upgrade base crappy 6 speaker system

This thread will help you remove the dash panels http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375426&highlight=Dash+removal
  4. D

Warning: Magnaflow #15218 Cat-Back

Thanks, I just got my 15218 kit delivered today, when did you install yours?
  5. D

Hennessey Kit for Explorer Sport?

Call Rick at Livernois and talk to him about the XSport they worked up their tune on, maybe it had a CAI on it. He posted on SVTPerformance that they were buying a XSport for a shop mule and tune development car, I was gong to hold off on their tune until they do this. I just ordered the...
  6. D

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I just called Airaid and K&N and neither of these manufacture have a CAI specific for the Explorer Sport yet. Yes, I've read through this thread and see that the SHO Taurus and Flew CAI's will adapt to the XSport, but us Folks here in California need a CARB (smog) approved CAI specific to the...
  7. D

Hennessey Kit for Explorer Sport?

Cheat, the search feature is your friend... Sport Tune talk http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379502 Sport Exhaust talk (group buy going down today) http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3118560#post3118560 Sport Cold Air Intake talk...
  8. D

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

I thought this thread was dead... I'll call Performance Peddler and see if they can get a couple of these Magnaflow kits for you and I, Azazell64. EDIT: OK, Performance Peddler says Magnaflow shows 10 of these kits in stock today 3/1/13, the pricing I posted above is still good. Who...
  9. D

Air In & Out and Tuning Device

It does eliminate the top speed limiter. I've talked with Rick at Livernois about their tune, I'm going to wait on buying their tuner/tune until they develop the tune on a few more Explorer Sports. Supposedly Livernois is buying a XSport for a shop car, they have talked/posted about his on...
  10. D

2nd row bench with inflatable belts

Good times...I remember many similar trips to yours. Sure some died, but the majority of us survived those simpler times.
  11. D

2nd row bench with inflatable belts

When I was a kid, this was a properly installed car seat :D
  12. D

Vendor for Standard Explorer Parts?

I'd suggest first talking with the Explorer Forum vendors who support this site, here's the vendor directory http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/dto_vendor.php?view=alpha This Ford parts dealer has been helpful to me in the past http://www.fordparts.com/hellerford
  13. D

Morning Folks, Performance Peddler got back to me with group pricing for the MagnaFlow cat-back kit (part # 15218), > For just 1 exhaust, $564.04 > For 2-5 exhaust, $552.76 > For 6-10 Exhausts - $541.48 > 10+ Exhausts - $535.48 * Pricing includes freight within the continental USA. Extra...
  14. D

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

I was wondering that myself... And how are you guys de-greasing the handles before you put down the first coat?
  15. D

Thanks for that, I just sent an email to Performance Peddler asking about a group buy, I'm waiting for a reply. Very good point about the tune that I missed, thanks! Yes, let's go over the effects to the tune with a cat-back exhaust installed, if I remember correct, it will effect the tune...
  16. D

Hi Folks, I want to start an aftermarket exhaust discussion for the Explorer Sport, so here goes. After looking at several aftermarket performance exhaust manufactures including Borla, Stainless Works, Flowmaster and MagnaFlow for a cat-back system only MagnaFlow offers one currently, their...
  17. D

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

If not for the drive train coverage, which is a good enough reason itself IMO, do it for the electronics coverage.
  18. D

2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Here's mine, sorry about the crummy iPhone pics...
  19. D

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Just picked up my 2013 Explorer Sport today and found the site through a Google search for CAI's, yeah the mod bug bit me on the way home from the dealership..:D
  20. D

2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Picked up my Explorer Sport this afternoon, haven't really drove it at all except to bring it home. Sat in it tonight and played with all the bells, whistles and BUTTONS, lots of buttons... :D Anyway, looking to mod it with a CAI, exhaust a tune and maybe a 100 shot of giggle gas. Putting...
Back