Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Sct SF3 Tuner custom tune

You can have the tunes emailed to you and then you can load them to your device yourself. There's software available on the web. Here's a link: http://sctflash.com/software/SCTDeviceUpdater.exe RC
  2. R

Contact a custom tune dealer with a list of modifications to the the vehicle (headers, CAI, oversized tires, etc., etc..)and the vehicles strategy code or the box code on the PCM, and they can write a tune for you that will calibrate the strategy to the modifications. RC
  3. R

superchips question

That's why i said SCT has a device for the 5.0L Explorer/Mountaineer cause i'm using one on mine. Maybe if you read the last sentence of my previous post, "SCT makes a device for the 5.0L explorers. It only gives you another 10hp and 11tq but it also supports custom tuning if you wanted to do...
  4. R

SCT X3 + WIN7 = no go..

If you're having driver issues, you won't find them on SCT's website. What you'll need to do is click on the start button in the lower left hand corner of your PC monitor, on vista/xp you'll see "My Computer", on WIN7 you'll see "Computer". RIGHT click on whichever applies to your operating...
  5. R

superchips question

Best bet would be to call their tech support dept and ask. If support isn't listed for a specific vehicle, it probably isn't supported. FYI, SCT makes a device for the 5.0L explorers. It only gives you another 10hp and 11tq but it also supports custom tuning if you wanted to do any performance...
  6. R

A custom tune could unlock more power and torque, but could also compromise drivability and reliability. If you have any performance mods, it's the only way to tune the vehicle as the strategy (preloaded) tunes are for stock to lightly modified vehicles (catback exhaust,cai)
  7. R

You can go to SCT's website, www.sctflash.com they have a dealer locator on there or just do a google search "SCT custom tune dealers". That usually give a couple of good tuners.
Back