Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

X Plan pricing

I use X plan because its a pretty good deal that requires very little work on my part for negotiating. We lease so every 2-3 years I build what I want on fords website and it tells me what I'll pay, email it to my dealer along with the X plan pin and he calls me when it's there. Could I have...
  2. 1

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

New '16 Roof Rack WTF? Picked up our '16 last night. Did they really need to change the roof side rails? We are really happy with the improvements over our '13 but I can't use my Thule racks with the new side rails. WTF Ford? Now I have to buy the cr@p cross bars? :mad:
  3. 1

Aluminum wheel corrosion - Spidering

Sure it's an easy fix but I think the point is that we are talking about wheels, that in my case, are 2.5 years old. It took the alloys on my Bronco 16 years to start to peel. This shouldn't be happening on 3-5 year old wheels.
  4. 1

Aluminum wheel corrosion - Spidering

My '13 is starting to do the same on all the wheels and you can see it's starting from the back of the wheel. I'm gonna mention it at my next service appointment.
  5. 1

Extended Warranty Calls

Pretty simple fix. " I had to sell that truck/car when I got arrested for my 3rd DWI" You'll never here from them again.
  6. 1

Taking the Explorer to the beach!

I trimmed just the sides off mine and it helped. Haven't noticed any negatives yet.
  7. 1

I wonder if thats the difference between the power of the Sport over my NA 6. Maybe that your power is coming on that much faster and thats why she's so quick to dig. Either way, at least you didn't need to get dragged out.
  8. 1

How did you make out?
  9. 1

Well then I got nothing you don't already know. Good luck out there :thumbsup:
  10. 1

Sorry I didn't see your posting on pressure that low. My concern was not only throwing a bead. The Sore Thumb that he is talking about going to has a pretty rocky section on the access road. I'd hate to see him pinch flat or damage one of those 20's. I'm gonna take your advice and drop down a...
  11. 1

Whoa! 12 is way low. The last thing you want to do is throw a tire off the bead without a full size spare. The lowest I go is 18 and wouldn't go below 15. Don take this the wrong way, I'm really not trying to be the obnoxious internet guy, but how much beach driving experience do you have? I...
  12. 1

Demo as in Democrat Point? If that's the case that's weird. I was there a week or so before with no issue.
  13. 1

Off Road Experience With 5th Gen Explorer !

There is a decent thread around here about beach driving with the current gen Explorer. I have been using mine on the beach without issue but it does drag its belly a fair amount. While I think my '13 does very well in soft sand, I would not attempt to pull more than a small pop up on the beach.
  14. 1

Windows down with the remote? (Global Open)

My '13 CMax will but my '13 Explorer will not. :thumbdwn: Just hold down the unlock button on the key fob for a few seconds. Thats what gets them down in the CMax.
  15. 1

The Minivan Goes to the Beach So a smoked transmission in my Bronco has left our Explorer as our primary beach vehicle. I had reservations about this because as we've all read, the newer explorers are minivans that can't go off road. I trimmed the air dam a bit this morning, loaded up all my...
  16. 1

I fixed the second link. This thread is about current gen Explorers performance in/on sand. I thought that the videos contributed to the conversation as they are showing a stock current gen Explorer trudging through sand without getting stuck.
  17. 1

Just putting this out there as a testament to the ability to handle sand. It doesn't look to be aired down too much. Keep in mind that in situations like this you are putting a lot of stress on the transmission which builds heat. Is it the most efficient tool for the job? Nope, but it will get...
  18. 1

Demo? I have been wanting to take the explorer out and give it a try instead of the bronco but always change my mind at the last minute. I've had it on the harder packed stuff at the thumb and it did ok but haven't gotten into the soft stuff.
  19. 1

OK, So What Do You DISLIKE About The 5th Gen?

So I'm guessing no one has tried putting a 11' or longer kayak on the roof, then tried opening the tailgate? Who would have thought that the spoiler did more than just keep your back window dirty? It's also a door stop. My only other gripe is the hood prop rod. Seriously Ford? A prop rod? It's...
  20. 1

Very faint whining sound outside the car

This. Common for Fords.
  21. 1

MPG on new Explorer body style

Weight. A '13 ZO6 has 505hp and gets a combined 25mpg.
  22. 1

Cargo privacy shade (cargo cover)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378496&highlight=cargo+cover I would have sold you mine cheap. :thumbdwn:
  23. 1

2013 Explorer XLT

Yup its a lease. Sorry. I thought I read lease in the OP.
  24. 1

2013 Explorer XLT

After the incentives that were available. I posted in another thread but basically what I found is like you say. The dealers (most) are looking to screw you. The first dealer I went to said the absolute best the could do was absorb the $2k negative equity in my trade and get me in a XLT with...
Back