Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Noise when slowing down

Thanks for the reply drove it this weekend. Its starting sound like a bad bearing has the hum at a consent speed winds down till about 20 mph and goes away its deff from the front end. But going to do exactly what you said befor i ordered any parts was check the drive shafts for any play...
  2. S

Noise when slowing down

Added too many zeros i changed the hubs right around 75,000 miles with timkens im leaning towards hubs going to have the tires rotated and balanced but not thinking thats the problem
  3. S

Noise when slowing down

Been a long time sence iv been here. Had my explorer for the last 7 years its been one of the more reliable cars iv owned drove cross country last year washington to florida. Its 2006 4.6 4x4 With 155000 miles. Its making a nosie slowing down. Buts its normal to anything i know of Kinda...
  4. S

2006 Explorer Stereo replacement

here's what i now because im replacing mine if its an aftermarket head unit as what im doing you have to grab a 12v to 5v step down. and have the 70-5522. red wire goes to the car harness white blue from radio goes to the step down and ground to ground. i do beleave from all that i read...
  5. S

2006 EXPLORER BRAKE BLEEDING

cool thanks alot for all the replies
  6. S

so is pass front ,pass rear ,rear driver ,front driver i was going to use the manual vacume bleeder from harbor fright my compressor been acting up. i know it goes by the farthest from the master so im confused as to start with the pass rear as normal.
  7. S

hello i have 2006 ford explorer v8 4x4 looking to bleed the brakes and replace fluid whats the proper order to bleed . been doing research and can't find anything on my truck thanks for any info
  8. S

Back up camera canbus

cool thanks for the info i picked up some 194 canbus bulds and going to grab some non canbus was a little worried of the canbus freeking out. the third brake i guessing is canbus
  9. S

Back up camera canbus

Hello 2006 explorer xlt. Hooking up backup camera. Will it be ok to use the back up lights for power going to solder and not cut anything. Also my radio intructions say not to hookup the trigger wire 12v positive if car is canbus not sure what to do for a trigger i can work around by...
  10. S

Between a rock & a dealer!

As far as i know are trucks with v8 are Know for coil problems you can get a whole set From summit for under 200 and there Easy to install. Bad coils can cause a bad Performence loss and make your truck do Weird things are v8's are not really kown For bad trans the v6 have trans problems...
  11. S

2006 Explorer coolant leak

Sounds more ac related i know the ac Drains near the transfer case water out The tail pipe is condinsation. More then Likely. You may have somthing clogged
  12. S

Front Hub Stuck on Spindle HELP!

4x rivet gun skin die and some lube also like above screw the bolts in a little thats what i did. a hammer may work too just a idea
  13. S

08 4.6l exhaust manifold leak, snapped bolts

mine is through Warranty Solutions there not that bad they have approved my repairs very fast. my info is just something to look out for on the studs the company so far is allright with me
  14. S

08 4.6l exhaust manifold leak, snapped bolts

just a heads up they may not cover the studs just parts my pass side was leaking. they replaced with the tsb studs they also had to jack the motor over to drill out all studs the cost was 900.00 mine covered the manifold brand new loaner but not the studs. my manifold was cracked
  15. S

front Differential leaking

hi my front Differential is leaking where the cv joint goes in for now i just want to make sure i have enough oil in there can u guys let me know were the fill is on it. found the leak after running over of all things a couch cushion the left a truck in front of me nothing looks are...
  16. S

Clicking noise from dash that's NOT the blend door actuator w/video

If sounds like you have somthing hit a fan blade Its the motor i had a truck do that dealer Replaced under warrenty
  17. S

Time to replace the catback on my '06 LTD V8

I replaced my res and muffler with a flow Master muff and polished tip went local Shop 160 total out the door sounds great Mine was just rattling away. Anyway our Muffs have i small at the bottom to let Water escape this hole is ment to be There iv seen it on a number of My other cars...
  18. S

New member from Michigan

What mich are you from im from deaborn mi If i has guess where the pic was taken it Looks like fairlane mall i now live in washington
  19. S

2006 Eddie Bauer mystery

ya it happened on my chevy trucks they stall when started i reset the bat still did not work. had the wife call the tow truck and waited for her to come meet me so after an hour and a half the the truck showed up. so just for kicks i tried to start it guess what it started i think my...
  20. S

Please Help Guys

Sounds like your starter a click is either Your relay or your starter silinoid i Had civic that if i took a pipe taped the Silinoid it would start sorry for the spelling You try that to see if its getting stuck Or just have the starter tested
  21. S

front left wheel humming

i agree with these guys there not hard. somthing to push in the cv if your 4 wheel drive and a slide help the bolts on the 06 up are no sweet i did not even need to turn my wheel to gain access
  22. S

Ford 4.6 3 Valve repair question

Im really not sure what would be cheeper But i have priced our head and there in the 1000 range it is a lot of work the hole front Of the engine has to come off plus intake When said coming out the exhaust that why i Want to no if its tail pipe or just leaking around The manifold...
  23. S

To be honest i go buy if not broken dont Fix it I would stick to that if the drivers side is Not leaking it less room on the drivers side If it makes you feel better replacing both and youv Got the time Go for it manifolds are a pain proir To mine getting fixed i called around 80...
  24. S

Im with ya on the dis metal thing im Faa A&p mech worked every type of boeing jet Out there. The alluninum corrodes alot On seat tracks main structure you name it I acutall have the the drills And tools for the job just i dont have time Being its our main ride till this oct. good...
  25. S

ya you got a warped or cracked manifold once it warms up the leak closes mine was also on the pass side you could also have a cracked intake manifold. also the aa manifold is for the 06-07 the o8 ae casting may fit but im not sure. look at fordparts.com depending were ya go they my...
Back