Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

10 Second Temporary Fix for Blend Door Actuator Problem...

I had that horrible flopping noise. I found that if you don't shut off the heat when you turn the car off, it will stay closed. You can lower the fan speed but if I don't touch the temp or the placement of the heat it will work for me every time. Even after shutting the car off for days.
  2. C

2003 Explorer Smashed... Please help!!

Where in jersey are you? I know someone parting out the same exact explorer with rear damage. Might be the fix to your damage
  3. C

Won't crank + can't link to PCM

Same problem in my 2003 flex. I was in a parking lot and my car stalled. Went to start it and got nothing. No crank, no click, nothing. Initially I checked relays and then thought starter. Pulled the starter (which was a breeze) Went to Advance Auto and hot my starter checked. It was fine. Came...
  4. C

Maybe on the last leg

At least a leg. Maybe leg and half an arm. It is a pricey repair. Might want to look into other options such as a junkyard motor.
  5. C

Need suggestions on rattling noise

Check heat shields on the CATS. They're known to break loose and rattle. Mine was rattling pretty loud from 2500-3100 rpms
  6. C

Popping Noise when turning....Driver Side

I had a similar noise as you, turned out to be my sway bar link bushings. Replaced, noise is gone.
  7. C

Who is disappointed with their EX?

03 xlt flex. Love my explorer. Just got back from a 3,000 mile road trip last month. I'd do it again without hesitation. I also had a 91 as my first vehicle. Everything inside broke (Window cranks, drivers seat, door handles) mechanically it ran great until 230,000 miles when I sold it for more...
  8. C

Who is disappointed with their EX?

03 xlt flex. Love my explorer. Just got back from a 3,000 mile road trip last month. I'd do it again without hesitation. I also had a 91 as my first vehicle. Everything inside broke (Window cranks, drivers seat, door handles) mechanically it ran great until 230,000 miles when I sold it for more...
  9. C

2003 Explorer 4.0 engine noise under load

Have a 2003 explorer 4.0, and between 2500-3000 rpms under half throttle load, i have a noise coming from my engine.sounds like a loose heat shield rattle but it is not. As soon as i pass 3000 rpm's the noise goes away until the next gear between 2500-3000. Happens all of the time. Cold,warm...
Back