Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Blacked Out Sport - Exhaust, door handles, and emblems

We decided to paint the exhaust and tips, door handles, and ford emblem all black to give it the full blacked out look. Before: After:
  2. W

My Sport with HID 8000K's

Here is a picture of the passenger side ballast: Here is the picture of the driver side ballast. I used a ziptie in one of the screw holes and ziptied it to the clip on that black wire by the ballast. Hope this makes sense. In the picture the back of the ballast is towards the front of the car.
  3. W

Trade in advice

I agree once you get in a Sport you won't want to get back in yours. However, I traded my 2011 Explorer XLT in for the Sport and they gave me more than I even owed on my loan which made it easier to make that jump! It depends on your dealer. I was told when I bought the ESP package that it would...
  4. W

Seat is cracking

The seats in my 2011 F350 started to do the exact same thing after a couple months of me owning it. I took it into my dealership and they sent a picture to Ford and they replaced my seat. A few months later my passenger seat started to do the exact same thing and they replaced it as well.
  5. W

2013 Explorer Sport: Anyone with aftermarket wheels

I have wheels that I had on my 2011 that I will be putting on my 2013 Sport. I will most likely be putting them on this weekend if not next. Depends on the snow! Here is a picture of them on my 2011. If I don't like the way they look on my 2013 Black Sport then I will sell them and go with...
  6. W

Hello - considering buying a 2013 Explorer - need help!

We went from cloth to leather so that night have been where the comfort level is different. I am not sure about the base to the XLT
  7. W

Hello - considering buying a 2013 Explorer - need help!

We currently have a 2011 F350 and love it the ride and comfort is amazing. We also have a 2013 explorer sport. We recently traded our 2011 xlt explorer for the sport. For us, there is a huge difference in the ride. The sport is has a smoother ride and the seats are 10x more comfortable. We...
  8. W

HID Fog Install Questions

No prob, and BTW, the three bolts on the bottom are 8mm, not 10. I think I wrote that they are 10, I was wrong!
  9. W

Hey sorry took so long. I just went out and took pics. Its kinda dirty, but you'll get the idea. This pic is an overall. If you see the green zip tie, its an additional holding of the ballast with the provided 3M tape. Here is another pic. Once it gets warmer outside, ill clean...
  10. W

Aftermarket wheels

I have started a new thread with directions and shopping list! Please look at thread: Winter or Summer Wheels/Tires Storage!!
  11. W

Winter or Summer Wheels/Tires Storage!!

I got this idea from a person on the Audi Forum! We have had ours on the wall for 3 months and it holds up just fine! DO NOT use the mounting screws that the flipup tool holder provide. The bolts should be just long enough to tighten down the bracket and the width of a standard 2"x6" or...
  12. W

Aftermarket wheels

These are the rims that were on my 2011 Explorer XLT. I think we are going to put them on our 2013 Explorer Sport for our Summer wheels. There they are mounted on our garage wall to get them off of the floor so they aren't taking up space! They are missing the center caps in this image.
  13. W

As far as install once under the car u will c a plastic guard keeping u from getting to the fogs. There are 3 10 mm bolts that need removed and u can hold it back while doing install. As far as mounting there is a metal bracket on the inside of each fog that I used to do install. Ill upload a...
  14. W

Explorer, meet 4Runner...

Love the looks of the 4runner!!! When we were first in the market to buy a SUV 2 years ago it was between the explorer and 4runner. I test drove the explorer first and instantly fell in love with the ride. I still liked the looks of the 4runner. I test drove a 4runner a few hours later and the...
  15. W

My Sport with HID 8000K's

So glad you are in love with them. We have them installed on our 13 Explorer Sport and 11 F-350! We will not purchase any other HID kits from any other company. Andrew has helped us and explains things to help understand his kits better! We returned from Jamaica and tried running them on auto...
  16. W

New Guy with ?? on HID kits

Sorry it's the 9005 kit not 9006!
  17. W

New Guy with ?? on HID kits

We have a 9006 kit that's a dual purpose low/high beam bulb. 1 bulb does both. We got our kit from coolbulbs.com
  18. W

Great Ford Dealerships

Elkins Fordland in Elkins, WV and Jenkins Ford in Buckhannon, WV Both dealerships are extremely nice! Bought our 2011 F-350 Diesel from Jenkins and our 2013 Ford Explorer Sport from Elkins
  19. W

13 Explorer Sport - changed stock headlights to 8k HID

:D That is sharp as hell...........love the color scheme. Yea Andrew is great to work with on getting what ya need. If you have any issues, hes the man. Well when you get them installed, get some pics up and let us know what ya think!!!!
  20. W

The numbers sound good and all, but i can say this, ive seen a lot of HIDs that vary from low K to high K. The lights that i have in this thing are bright as hell and i can see way more than i should, hahaha. Thanks for the info, ill do some research on that and see if I can find someone...
  21. W

As far as 6K or 8K....not sure. Ive only had 8K, n i love them
  22. W

Yea the kit is just plug n play. Nothing has to be removed other than the round cover covering the bulbs. Once removed just twist n remove bulb. Like i said its a plug n play. Since ur installing a harness u will have to cut a slit into the round bulb cover due to the wires hanging out the...
  23. W

RN_WC - I got these from Coolbulbs.com - awesome guys. Andrew will get ya what ya need and will call you with any install ?. As far as install, Very easy, I only say that cuz i have done a few. The fogs took a lil longer. There is a plastic sheild on the bottom with (3) 8mm bolts holding it...
Back