Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

I never noticed it gaining time.
  2. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Couldn't go baja with it. Never was a fan. I'm a MS boy, so probably gonna lean toward all terrain or mud.....
  3. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Traded this unit off Friday for a 4x4 Expedition.....
  4. R

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Nick - what size is that camper? Length, weight, tongue weight?
  5. R

Questions about Towing Capabilities of Stock Mounty

A class 3 hitch is too cheap and easy to install to risk it. I'd upgrade... I've got a 2500 lb camper and I installed a class 3 before towing it with my V6 Mounty. Wasn't gonna take the chance of damaging the vehicle or the camper....
  6. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Been working on getting it ready for camping season, plus a few other little odds and ends. Polished the headlights with some toothpaste Installed a front receiver hitch Installed a class 3 rear receiver, brake controller, and connector Hooked up, tested, and ready to go
  7. R

2003 Transmission issues

Agreed. I wouldn't touch it unless there was money in the budget to cover a rebuild of the tranny. If you're willing to pull it yourself, a bench build might be the cheaper way to go if you really want that particular vehicle.
  8. R

Truck Tug of War

weight distribution is the trick. SUV vs truck is hardly fair to the truck. :)
  9. R

02 Explorer A/C question

1scott, read this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249624
  10. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Added a phone mount and some tunes w/ talkability...
  11. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Love it! Took a little while to set down and get everything set up the way I want it, but it's well worth any money you sink into it!
  12. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Tried a Superchips Vivid Linq and a Edge EvoHT. Apparently a Mercury won't pass as a Ford according to the programmer and neither company bothered to check that before selling their product that it would... Sent 'em both back and gave up on programming it. I ended up going with an Android...
  13. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Yep. The back seats are fine.....
  14. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

They fit like a glove. Really well made, no slippage getting in and out. Coverking Neosupreme covers... Bought from vipseatcovers on ebay for under $200.
  15. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Coverking Seat Covers!
  16. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Ran down the lock/unlock issue on the driver door controls. Pink/green wire broken in the boot between the door and the body. A soldered in piece of wire fixed it. Also got the inner tie rods in. The proper tools on that job works wonders. Taking it for a FEA next weekend. Also, all the...
  17. R

Power Door Lock Switch on Driver Side Locks but won’t Unlock

Just ran mine down. It would lock, but not unlock. Only from the controls on the front left door. Everything else worked fine. Broken pink with green in the boot between the door and the body on the FL door. Soldered in a piece of wire to patch the break together. Fixed!
  18. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Added a front tag holder, replaced the driver door switch panel, and replaced a few other tiny odds and ends of plastic that we picked up at the local pull a part.
  19. R

abs code c1145

I'm using an Actron CP9580A scanner. It doesn't like the Mercury, so I tell it that mine is an Explorer of the same year. It reads the ABS codes fine then....
  20. R

Grocery Getter Refresh

Cleared the ABS light by replacing the hub assembly. Also replaced the other hub, and have a set of inner tie rods going on in the next couple of weekends. Put on a set of new fog lights, and replaced the door switch on the passenger side to clear the door ajar light.
  21. R

abs code c1145

Checked the connector right where the ABS wire connects up on the inner fender. It had 10.89 volts. Alldata shows if it's 10V or higher with the key on then the sensor is bad. I replaced the hub and the trouble cleared. A friend of mine had the same trouble on a F150. The code popped up...
  22. R

Finally got my 5.4... getting ready to drop it into my 04 Mountaineer

I'm def anxious to see it come together....
  23. R

Tires and wheels!

Specs: 16x8.5 wheels with -6 offset, 255/70R16 General Grabber AT2 tires No rub, no lift, and no spacers. Took off the stock stuff, bolted these up, and went to it. I'm a fan of the Generals in the all terrain department. Have had good luck with them on several vehicles in various tire...
Back