Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

98 Sport what size spacer?

Disregard this post, I ended up unbolting a wheel and pulling some mesurements and decided to go with a 1.50".
  2. R

How many of you kept the radiator scoop?

That's good to know, I just took my valance off aswell and was debating on taking it off or not.
  3. R

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

My 1998 Explorer has 141k on the clock but motor let go and was replaced by a 215k motor and it runs like a champ!
  4. R

Need new center console arm-rest!

I need one as well, no luck in junkyards where they only cost $5-10 but there on ebay for $30-50 :(
  5. R

How do I tell if I have a AWD

Been driving mine for a few days now and everything works great. Has 141k on chassis and the donor motor has 215k. I removed the mono leaf and replaced with 4 door rear springs and shackles so I can do the TT and add a leaf at a later date. Currently running 255/70/16s but I want something...
  6. R

Been driving mine for a few days now and everything works great. Has 141k on chassis and the donor motor has 215k. I removed the mono leaf and replaced with 4 door rear springs and shackles so I can do the TT and add a leaf at a later date. Currently running 255/70/16s but I want something...
  7. R

The Black Hole - Gmanpaint - April 2012 TOTM

Beautiful rig you have there sir!
  8. R

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

There is a ton of great info in this thread, thanks for putting this all together.
  9. R

Wanted Center console lid

For a 98 2D Sport in Gray. Its the wider of the two different console lids I have seen. Hit the local junkyard and ebay with no luck yet.
  10. R

Thats what I was thinking but was not really sure. It was a young girls truck and 100% stock so I doubt anything like that has been done. Thanks for all the info guys. So these transfer cases are the same as what year f 150s?
  11. R

Thats what I was thinking but was not really sure. It was a young girls truck and 100% stock so I doubt anything like that has been done. Thanks for all the info guys. So these transfer cases are the same as what year f 150s?
  12. R

On another note, do you guys know if the 97 leaf springs are a direct bolt in swap to my 98 with the mono leaf crap. I have a complete donor explorer here that we took the motor out of for my sport its a 4x4 4 door that has nice rear leafs and new shocks. So im thinking about swapping the stuff...
  13. R

Just got it running and its not taged but I took it out on the street in front of the house and it drives fine and even did a 3 point turn and everything feels normal.Guess im just worrying about it to much.When I power braked it and it felt like it was about to spin the rears it wouldn't so I...
  14. R

15. R

According the the vin."U24" — Explorer (2-door) 4x4 Not a AWD so maybe I have a issue here...
  16. R

Just picked up a 98 Explorer 2D Sport 4.0...4x4 Switch on dash reads, Auto-4 high-Low. Truck runs and drives fine on and off the road but when you give it gas on loose gravel it seems to hook up well and won't spin just the rears. At first I thought it was stuck in 4 high then it hit me some...
  17. R

Tire Question

Just like a 315-75-16 is more like 34.5" tall compared to a 35 x 12.50 -16 but people still call them 35s...
  18. R

Another Newb to the list...

I will post up some pics of it when I get a chance there on my cell.. Does this forum use tapatalk?
  19. R

Thanks! I was going to post and ask a few questions but shortly after I joined I clicked on a few stickys and answered all my questions. Doing some research as I think im going to keep it IFS for now and try to get 35s or a 315-70-17 size tire under it.Since Its going to be a daily I won't be...
  20. R

Hey guys im new to the site from Orlando FL area. Have owned Mustangs my entire life and still do with the exception of a 02 f 150 King Ranch i owned a few years back. Ever since i parted ways with the truck i have wanted another. Got a Great deal on a pretty clean 98 Explorer 4x4 2D Sport...
Back