Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Popping/grinding in steering when turning

2013 Explorer XLT with 96,000 miles just had the strut bearing replaced and the rack and pinion/ gearbox replaced. Went in for a clunking noise when moving the steering wheel back and forth. First noticed when making u-turns. Easily reproduced when aggressively moving steering wheel left to...
  2. E

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

2013 Explorer XLT with 96,000 miles just had the strut bearing replaced and the rack and pinion/ gearbox replaced. Went in for a clunking noise when moving the steering wheel back and forth. The strut bearing just happened to be the first thing they looked at since it was making a clunking noise...
  3. E

Water Leak

Fixed for now $412 later the leak is fixed for now. This time the service department had to take my car to the Ford body shop. It was leaking at the seam where the bolts hold the lift gate in place. Water was also coming in at the wiring harness for the lift gate.
  4. E

Water Leak

Leaking again three years later Crap! About three years ago Ford fixed my leaky Explorer. It was leaking from a body seam near the rear of the vehicle and the roof rack on the driver side near the rear of the car. Today I found water in the storage compartment on the passenger side near the...
  5. E

Water Leak

Ted, your spelling is spot on:) or maybe your phone misspelled the word "gramer" for you:)
  6. E

Water Leak

Same here, it took me buying a soaker hose to fine the leak. I put the soaker hose on top of the vehicle. Once I saw that it was leaking down the third row seat belt, I "mapped" out my roof into section to help pinpoint where the leak is coming from. It didn't take long as I expected that it was...
  7. E

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

I have some good news, I think! I don't have a major transmission problem. Yes the transmission seems to lag a bit on hills but the transmission is not why my car was acting up. The temperature dropped Wednesday night into Thursday morning here in Texas, therefore rodents were looking for a...
  8. E

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

I had my 2013 Exploder towed today from my driveway. I first noticed the engine idling really rough, then I tried I put it in reverse and the Explorer didn't want to go backup. Well, it did, but is was chugging along. It performed just fine in drive and then the check engine light came on. 6900...
  9. E

ford explorer limited 2013 4x4 tranny

I had my 2013 Exploder towed today from my driveway. I first noticed the engine idling really rough, then I tried I put it in reverse and the Explorer didn't want to go backup. Well, it did, but is was chugging along. It performed just fine in drive and then the check engine light came on.
  10. E

2013 Ford Explorer issues

2013 Exploer issues since December 2012: currently has 6500 miles Leaking rain water from the roof: took four visits to the dealer Driver side Window was making a horrible noise Drive side Window rubber was defective Rear panels were rattling Passenger side interior trim was rattling...
  11. E

Bad noises

Double check to see if it happens when you are transitioning from drive to reverse. I hear a clicking noise..sometimes its one click but when I give it a little more gas it clicks multiple times. I took it into the dealer yesterday and they said there is a TSB for the drive axle shaft. There is...
  12. E

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

My 2013 Explorer with 6,500 miles has squeaky brakes as well
  13. E

My '13 Sport, now with added TINT!

Looks great. I have Limo tint on all my windows except for the front two
  14. E

Seat is cracking

Crystal, Thanks for your concern. I am already in contact with a regional customer service manager due to my many issues with my new Explorer. Unfortunately dealerships/Ford does not care about their customers enough to provide a rent car, so I have to wait til next week when I have two days...
  15. E

Seat is cracking

I am fine with wrinkles but what I am talking about should not be happening. I have the non perforated seats. The seat is cracked as in a whole, many wholes to be exact. The cracks(wholes) are very fine, so its hard to get a good picture but I will see what I can do. This is my fifth vehicle...
  16. E

Seat is cracking

My driver side leather seat is cracked. It's a 2013, bought it in December and has about 6K miles. I have always had leather seats and I have never had any issues. Does anyone else have this problem?
  17. E

Water Leak

It has rained once here and I have tested my car four times with no leaking! The bad news is I have new problems!!!!!! I gave to find the appropriate thread for my two new problems.
  18. E

Water Leak

Well, I "challenged" my self over the weekend to see how many times I could duplicate the leak. I was not able to see the leak with the Explorer parked on a level driveway but confident it was leaking. What I found is that I could see the leak 100% of the time when parked on a slope, slope...
  19. E

Water Leak

It's amazing what a little ingenuity can accomplish. I used a soaker hose to water my car today. Within than five minutes my Xtra Leaky Truck was leaking, water was dripping down the driver side third row seatbelt. Why is that Auto nation couldn't reproduce the same results when they had my car...
  20. E

Water Leak

The dealer claims they couldn't reproduce the leak!!! It's apparent that they didn't "water" my explorer long enough or at the very least didn't get the water in the right spot for it to leak. It is frustrating having to "fight" for a rental car if I can borrow a family car. Crystal,as soon as...
  21. E

Water Leak

Well, after a night of rain my Xtra Leaky Truck is laking again!!! This is the third time in five weeks!
  22. E

Water Leak

I have an update on my 2013 Explorer XLT. The dealership found the leak. It was leaking at the driver side tail light and the seam near the taillight.
  23. E

Water Leak

2013 water leak I wish I would have seen this thread before I bought my 2013 Explorer XLT!!! YES, the 2013 models have the water leak problem too!! My carpet is wet just underneath the third row seat on the driver side. The carpet is wet where you stow the seat away.
Back