Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

March EF Lottery

little wreath i made out of a long aluminum chip from work around christmas https://i.imgur.com/BO8js0X.jpg
  2. B

April EF Lottery

Explorers been sitting for a while but shes still around. jumped the gun on gettin ready for summer apparently up north here.. explorer with the new sled (buttoned up for summer) and the f250 with the xl250s (been out for a month or two now waiting for trails to open)
  3. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Truck bumper got some adjustments recently. still debating whether i should make a registry for it but i wouldnt know where to put it and explorerforum may not even be the right site for it.. anyways metal fab is metal fab whether its on a 1/4 ton or a 3/4 ton so here ya go. The temporary...
  4. B

Rust to Riches, Blue's 98 Ranger

I try to keep an eye out for cheap 1st gens with the m5od around here. if i find one for around 300 that i can actually test drive/make sure it works, ill buy it, i dont even care if its rusted out (though i do need a rear hatch) i just want a transmission.. and it was sort of sad to see the...
  5. B

(deleted due to double post)
  6. B

I finally sold it.. for a grand total of 250$... live and learn from mistakes i suppose. I am running the new truck from my last post now also.
  7. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Update on the truck, mostly just winter prep. repaired the bed cap which decided it wanted to become a tumble weed last spring, put that on, got some good used tires for winter. (not the right size but close enough) and got a bit more paint taken care of. still need to oil the underside and...
  8. B

Blue's 91 XLT

I havent been on in a while, truck came along good, still isnt done, probably never will be, but its all road legal and driving.
  9. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Making progress on the explorer's predecessor. bunch of body work and some exhaust work. The bumper isnt going to stay just a tow hitch, that is the structure for the bumper from my last post, but as i am rushing to get the f250 on the road, due to the explorer's registration and sticker running...
  10. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Making progress, utility body is getting close to "done" (passes inspection) and I started on a new front bumper a well as a bunch of other little stuff. You can see i have one of the box doors off in this picture, as well as the paint color that will be on the whole truck, plus the "new" front...
  11. B

Blue's 91 XLT

utility body floor on the 250 is all done basically, at least the underside is. just have a bunch of small spots that need some body work now. along with a list of other junk that needs to get fixed like front tires and fenders and interior etc.
  12. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Finding the time certainly isn't easy. As of late i take advantage of evenings when the maintenance garage isnt being used (I work at the college I'm attending and my boss said I could use the shop as long as I cleaned up after myself and kept everything out of the way) so I can usually squeeze...
  13. B

Blue's 91 XLT

So i am working on another project while driving the explorer since it has proven to be a reliable daily even with the transmission issues. I bought this a month or so ago for 100$ (yes two zeros). it is a 94 f250 2wd 4 spd automatic with 109k miles and a utility body and cap. I have been using...
  14. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Truck got new front wheel bearings, brake rotors, lug nuts and hub hardware this past week, I took a couple pictures but they are nothing special. just regular replacement parts. planning to fix some more of the rust soon and hopefully find a parts vehicle with a good m5od and 4.0 engine. never...
  15. B

yea so unfortunately this didnt happen.. It would have been nice. but shes still sitting across the road from my parents house.. I actually took the rims and tires off of it to put on the explorer rather than let them go to waste and have to go buy new tires for both trucks later.. The ranger is...
  16. B

Rust Quarter Panels and Rockers

IF you can find the 4 door quarter panels. they would be your best bet to try and make fit, but by the looks, with enough work you could probably make a driver side front fender fit the passenger side rear quarter and vice versa..
  17. B

Rust Quarter Panels and Rockers

Seeing that quarters even for a 4 door are getting very hard to find (i cant find driver side at all) that may not work well unfortunately. you may be able to modify them some. I used rear dogleg repair panels to fix the bottom front fenders on my explorer because its what i had laying around...
  18. B

Custom Rear Hitch Mounted Tire carrier 91 Explorer

Hey guys, some of you may have seen my new bumper I built and posted about a month or two ago, and I have since then made an addition, a swing down tire carrier that bolts into the 2" reciever built into the bumper. I have limited photos because my old phone got a bit fried when it sat in a...
  19. B

Custom roof rack/cage

Roof rack looks awesome! reminds me of a landrover discovery with thye full length look, very nice.
  20. B

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Also added this to my bumper. It isnt one but I built it specifically for the bumper and had it in mind while building the bumper. I'll post more in depth pictures hopefully once i get my old phone working, though the pictures may be lost..
  21. B

I am in auburn most of the time if that works. I may be able to build you one. time is soon going to be a lot less plentiful for me since classes are starting back up (Im a machining student) and basically the only free time i have will be late evenings and maybe some weekends but I can check...
  22. B

haha thanks, thats how i felt, its getting added to soon as well to be even more rugged and useful!
  23. B

thanks, i have a little more work to do on it still but i think it came out pretty good!
  24. B

My new rear bumper 1/4" channel iron with 14ga plate for the ends and top
  25. B

Blue's 91 XLT

Then a whole bunch of odd angle cutting to fit the shape of the truck and allow me to plate the top and ends to fill in the shape of the bumper. that was the end of saturday, sunday i added a few more pieces of 14ga plate to the bottom sides (to match the quarter panel trim) and the...
Back