Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2wd Front Wheel Bearing Replacement?

Appreciate that! Perhaps that's why I got the growl noise then because either the front races weren't all the way in from the factory or perhaps I did something wrong with the bearings... I did this back in 2013, is that something that if too tight they would have failed earlier or would it...
  2. N

2wd Front Wheel Bearing Replacement?

Question for you. I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. When I purchased rotors two years ago they came with races already in them. I did use Timken bearings but didn't use their races, since the races in the rotors were new... My bad for sure. I started getting a front end growl...
  3. N

Factory Stereo Replacement

I got the metra 95-5600 Double DIN: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT01RI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I trimmed the correct upper and lower portion of the bezel. Didn't touch the sides at all. What happens is the bezel will click in but it won't go around my Avic D3...
  4. N

Factory Stereo Replacement

What is the deal with the Metra kit... I just spend 2 hours trying to get this to fit my avic d3 and NOTHING is working. I trimmed the bezel no problem top and bottom, double din fits... trim piece fits... as soon as I put the trim piece and try to put it over the double din avic d3, only one...
  5. N

How to: How To: Replace your Headliner

Does anyone know the color for the ranger light gray interior headliner? I see that the site has many options of gray... like to match it as close as possible... Thanks, -Nigel
  6. N

ABS light on after new FR wheel bearing replacement

How does one know specifically which wheel bearings to get?? I have a rwd ranger 2.3L and searching rock auto has different bearings: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1372676,parttype,1672,a,www.google.com%2BSearch%2Bfor%2B2001%2BFORD%2BRANGER%2B2.3L%2BL4%2BDOHC Do they not...
  7. N

Fuel line quick disconnect fitting broken

Thank you sir! Went to autozone and sure enough they had a 6 pack of two different sizes! I couldn't believe it honestly! Now we are good :-) Thought I was going to have to pay $200 for a new line. -Nigel
  8. N

Fuel line quick disconnect fitting broken

I just broke the WHITE connector clip.. not the connector but that stupid white clip... do we know of a replacement of that part? This looks like it from the picture...
  9. N

Shock Life

I know this is an old thread but how does one even know if they are bad? I do hear some front sqeaks when I go over speed bumps but as far as normal ride quailty nothing seems bad to me... Not sure if the previous owner has changed the shocks.. they are pretty rusted undernethe when I look...
  10. N

Better to replace ENTIRE AC compressor or just the ac clutch?

So I ordered the Motorcraft compressor... This may be a stupid question but how do I know for sure if it has oil in it when I get it. Is it something that when I remove the back plug on the two ports oil will just pour out when I hold it upside down? I just want to make sure that if it doesn't...
  11. N

Sonic thanks for the information. When I put my vin on the website there I get about 12 different compressors...hmmmm None of them being that one I bought from amazon above.. however going to Oriley's http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MOT0/YCC227.oap?pt=02645&ppt=C0354 Does show...
  12. N

Thanks for the information. So on Rock auto they have the Motorcraft YCC277 compressor which looks like this: Amazon has the same part via ycc277 but it looks like this... their site also states it's compatible with a 2001 ranger xlt 2.3l but the ports are different. I need them in...
  13. N

A/C clutch replacement.

Sorry to bump an old thread but every forum i'm on they say to search... so this is what popped up.. Where did you get your clutch replacement and what brand did you go with... I see three different ones on RockAuto rangeing from $50 all the way up to $120... did it also come with shims...
  14. N

Thanks for the info. This seller made this listing as he said his other one wouldn't work with a 2.3l ranger. http://www.ebay.com/itm/281064740045?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D281064740045%26_rdc%3D1 Does that seem good? I guess is...
  15. N

So more of a general question. I believe the air gap on my ac compressor clutch is now too large. There are no shims to remove and it's 12 years old... I was looking on ebay and a new compressor clutch is about $120 for a motorcraft... A new AC compressor with new clutch and everything else evap...
Back