Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

I had my dealer turn on DRL for my 2013 exsport. My DRL's are the amber LED parking lights. Projector headlights are not used for DRL apparently. HTH
  2. M

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

We have 9,400 miles on our 2013 ExSport. We burn 87 octane regular and get 14 to 18 in town (depending on whether ac is running or not). Most of our highway driving has been between Dallas and Richmond, TX on IH45 / SHTW / US 59. Speed limit varies between 60 and 75. Getting 23-24 at 65 and...
  3. M

2013 explorer sport front center console removal ?

Any chance you could retrieve the metal piece with a small magnet?
  4. M

Is anyone satisfied with their sport?

I have had my '13 sport since February 2013. Have about 7.1k miles on it. It is my wife's everyday driver and our road car. Only issue so far is popped off CAC tube that dealer fixe promptly; and some wonky autolamp operation that cleared up with MFT upgrade (may be coiincidence). Mileage varies...
  5. M

2013 Ford Explorer Sport Problems

I also bought a 2013 Explorer Sport in February. Only issue so far was blown off CAC tube (don't know if it was upper or lower). That took an overnight at the dealer to check everything out and re-attach the tube (told them about CAC tube threads on explorerforum). There has been an issue with...
  6. M

Autolamps take long time to go off...

sorry for any confusion - issue is autolamps taking long time to turn off when vehicle is running in bright sunlight - as in starting explorer in dark garage (lamps turn on) then driving in bright daylight (lamps don't turn off in 5-10 minutes so I turn the autolamps off in frustration). Odd...
  7. M

Autolamps take long time to go off...

The autolamps on my 2013 Explorer Sport seem to work erratically for turning off. To be clear, they work just fine going on. The erratic part is when they decide to go off. Sometimes they will will go off immediately with bright sunlight exposure. Other times, they take a looooong time to go off...
  8. M

Sport Turbo Hose Issues

power loss problem fixed - CAC tube re-attached Happy to say that my 2013 Explorer Sport's power loss problem was CAC tube coming loose and nothing more serious. Park Cities Service did a great job of evaluating and fixing the problem.
  9. M

Sport Turbo Hose Issues

sudden loss of power 2013 explorer sport I may have just experienced the same / similar problem driving back from Houston to Dallas on IH45. Normal oomph just went away. No CEL or warnings showed. Hope that my problem is something simple like a loose hose / tube. Dropped vehicle off at Park...
Back