Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Cruise Control Buttons Melted

You can buy the cruise control switch on Amazon for around $70.00. If yours is working just replace the two switches/if not working replace the wires also.
  2. F

New to the forum

Welcome, don't apologize for rambling, we all love our tracs.
  3. F

Light Hookup

Can't you splice it into the license plate bulb wiring.
  4. F

03 ST 4.0 - Goin on 4 longblocks!!!!

Sorry to hear about all your bad luck, my engine turned out to be the front and rear tensioners. Your misfire could be from a plug, bad wire or the coil. Good luck with everything, all parties involved should be kissing your butt to make sure everything works for you.
  5. F

Timming Chain rattle

Finally got my rattle noise fixed. Had the tensioners replaced and changed out the spark plugs. Had a mechanic friend do the work, $500.00 dollars and she is purrring again:)
  6. F

2001 4WD ST Rear Shock Replacement tips

If you haven't drop the rear tire, it will be easier and give you more room.
  7. F

Someone stop me!!!

Don't do it stay with the trac, you would probably regret it in the long run
  8. F

Infamous Pocket flares

Thanks for the reply sir, I am finding this to be a no win search.
  9. F

Infamous Pocket flares

Looking to find a set of the Bushwacker Pocket flares for the Sport Trac. Anyone have a line of where I might find some. I know they are extremely hard to find and not made anymore, but I will search until I hopefully find some.
  10. F

Hello! New to me Sport Trac owner.

The problem is mostly with the 01 and 02 models, what kind of noise is it you are hearing?
  11. F

Body Mount Replacement

Congrats on getting the job done, yes they ride a lot better with the bushing in. Mine feels a lot tighter and doesn't lean as much when turning.
  12. F

Need a door cover/trim panel thing

You're welcome, glad to be of help.
  13. F

2002 explorer sport trac will not crank period!!!!

You could have a bad cell in the battery, I know it's a pita but if you have a battery you could replace yours with that you know is good, you could try that.
  14. F

Body Mount Replacement

Yeah that was the biggest pita I have done so far. Took me 10 hours from start to finish, my bushings were totally gone.
  15. F

Body Mount Replacement

I replaced mine using the Prothane kit, on my 2001 my brake cable wasn't an issue can you post a pic of what you are describing?
  16. F

2002 explorer sport trac will not crank period!!!!

I agree with swshawaii, batteries are strange creatures. I work part time for Advance Auto Parts and do a lot of battery testing. Sometimes just because you dont get the delay start or click, doesn't mean battery. Check all your cables for the battery and starter look for breaks and corrosion...
  17. F

Need a door cover/trim panel thing

Looks like you can get them here http://fordpartsdiscountoutlet.com/ford/explorer-sport-trac-parts/ they are called body side mouldings found in the body hardware and trim section. Price is around $68.00, you might get them cheaper on ebay.
  18. F

New Here, New (to me) Trac

Congrats and welcome to the forum
  19. F

4.0 Sohc Concern

Timing chain I have 136000 on mine, I am getting ready to do the chains. Started hearing the rattle noise at about 135000, a friend mechanic is going to do it for 800.00 labor and I buy the parts. Have you heard any noise yet, if not I wouldn't worry about it.
  20. F

good brand of window visors?

Had my AVS in channel for about 2 years now no wind noise and no water problems at all.
  21. F

Custom grille

I like the one in the link swshawaii gave, but i would use a different grille material and try putting letters on either FORD or SPORT TRAC. It's a lot of work but I think it will be worth it.
  22. F

Custom grille

Has anyone ever considered or attempted a custom grille for the sport trac. not the ready made inserts, but a custom grille? is it possible.
  23. F

New Oregonian

I ran one in my 01 for a long time and had no problems with it, my son replaced it with a regular filter and threw it away but that was after about 40,000 miles.
  24. F

New Oregonian

Welcome, I bought my 01 in 03 and have loved it through the years, I don't think I will ever get rid of it.
  25. F

ST badge. Thought this was a cool idea,not sure anymore. Need opinions!

ypu can also go on this site webxtremes.com and get individual decals or a three pack(grille,rear, and steering wheel) for $19.99. available in many color schemes
Back