Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Intercooler cover on Sport?

Hate to break Dan's heart but I had over 8oz or oil/water mix come out my stock F150 intercooler when I installed the ATP one a couple weeks ago. There is a condensation issue and possibly a tune issue.
  2. T

Dyno done for upgraded stock turbos 459/521 - Ford Flex Ecoboost

Who's doing the tuning? It could be that the LOAD is maxing out at 1.9 as that's the highest you can bump it to. You could try scaling Displacement to adjust LOAD down. Also was the difference in Intake Volume adjusted for your new intake? Was it going into Fail Safe or just closing the...
  3. T

Explorer Brake Upgrades

So the front rotors are 13.8"? It looks like the Sport has the same brakes as the Interceptor than. My Sport has the same same design front rotor on it. I'll get some pics of my Sport rotors tomorrow for you to see.
  4. T

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

Interesting.. I didn't realize the Baro was taken from the MAP sensor. I wonder how they are getting them to read boost past 15psi then. They have a couple guys running 21psi with stock MAP sensors. This would put them 5-6 psi over the readable range of the stock sensor.
  5. T

What's the deal with a 3bar MAP sensor? The factory one can read up to 29psi. Are y'all seeing boost spikes greater than that?
  6. T

Explorer Brake Upgrades

The brakes look huge due to them being behind an 18" wheel. I saw a couple at local dealer but didn't have time to stop and check the measurements.
  7. T

Explorer Brake Upgrades

Can anyone confirm the rotors are 14.5"? I did some digging when I got my Sport and everything we found is the Interceptor and Sport had some brakes. They are 13.8" on the Sport for sure.
  8. T

Thanks, I have a thermostat coming for my F150 from you. I'm going to order one for Explorer too now. Thanks for quick response on getting me the Explorer tune and I sent you my strategy for F150 last night. BJ
  9. T

What is the "TS" for at end of new 93 tune? It said on tuner "93 Per v2 TS".
  10. T

Gauge Pods for 2013/14 Explorer Sport?>>>

Boost, oil pressure, and water temp will work. The reason you don't want to select fuel pressure is due to the gauge only reading 100psi and the Sports HP fuel pump can supply 1,500+ psi. The intank pump is only a lift pump for HP fuel pump on top motor.
  11. T

Jay Leno previews CHP Explorer

Local Sheriff ordered 27 of them. I saw 3 of them on the lot last night. They are bare bones models with column shifter. They did not have any of the police electronics in them but did have some nice LED spot lights on them. I also measured the brake rotors to compare to my Sport and they are...
  12. T

Beta testing new turbos

Do they have something coming out for F-150 EcoBoost?
  13. T

1/4 Mile Run Times

I know he tunes for the following. www.twinturbo50.com www.lundracing.com He's one of the best in the country for tuning. I plan on swapping from my Livernois tune to his when it comes out. Great guy, great company and you won't be disappointed.
  14. T

Navigation card mailed to me?

Mine was in it when I took delivery. I haven't heard Ford is mailing them out and when they have an update you have to bring it to the dealer to get the new cars installed. I would check on that if I were you. Doesn't seem legit.
  15. T

Explorer Police Interceptor

The Police Inter. brakes are supposed to be 14.5" and Standard Sport brakes are 13.8".
  16. T

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

Dealer should do it for you if you ask. When we got the Sport it had a bracket on it. I told them to have it removed, detailed, waxed, full of 93 octane, and remove their logo on it before I would sign the papers. By the time they had us all set up to take delivery it was gone. We did take it...
  17. T

New 2013 Sport MPG

I have the Livernois 93 Performance tune. I average 21.3 @ 75mph and 16 around town. I've been driving it back and forth to work for last week while wife drives the truck. 91 miles one way and that has been the average every tank so far. Getting about 325 miles out 16 gallons of gas on fill up.
  18. T

1/4 Mile Run Times

Glad to see you here Ken. I've been waiting to hear that your tunes are out. I'm rolling a Livernois 93 Per. tune right now. Question: Has your Explorer ever kicked out of gear on the 1-2 shift in Sand Mode? I have had it happen a couple times and that's why I haven't gone to the track yet...
  19. T

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

I have my tuner but waiting on the tune from Rick for it.
  20. T

Explorer Sport Performance

The HPDI fuel pump will not support E85 even at current horsepower. Check out Full Race Motorsports as they have been working on an EcoBoost f150 and will have some upgrades in the fuel pump department available soon. Most people have went to methanol injection on the SHO and f150 to help...
  21. T

I should have my Livernois 93 performance by the time I get back from offshore. If I get in early enough I plan on going to the track and run it and then load tune to see what it picks up. I do not have a way to measure 0-60 at the moment, so ill probably order something to measure it later.
  22. T

Is that a 2.3L Whipple? If it is that's some great numbers from it. I only mustered 660rwhp through a 302 Stroker 3V with KB 2.6H. Full weight car (3785lbs) with me in it that went 10.3@138. I'm in the middle of installing two 67mm Comp Turbos on a 326 Big Bore motor. Looking for 1250rwhp when...
  23. T

Hello from Houma, LA

With stock tires, 4.10 gears, 70mph with cruise control on....15.5mpg
  24. T

Hello from Houma, LA

Yeah, it used to be nice and cozy. After the oilfield boom of 2007-2008 Houma has been main stream. Traffic is horrible, they are building businesses and houses everywhere they can find a place for them. I'm an avid hunter and fisher also, the drinking thing only takes place every two weeks due...
  25. T

2013 Explorer Sport "BLIS" Faults

Thanks, ill be dropping it off in the morning. Hopefully second times a charm.
Back