Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Custom fit, personalized floor mats

Yeah. Only carpet. Apparently GGBailey.com is the direct-to-consumer branch of Racemark International, which makes the OEM floor mats for a lot of brands, including Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Anyway, that discount code doesn't expire, but the free shipping offer is supposed to end on Valentine's Day.
  2. D

Custom fit, personalized floor mats

I was trying to find some custom-fit floor mats for my 97 Mercury Mountaineer (spilled on coffee like a dummy on my other ones), and I found a neat little website called ggbailey.com. They make custom-fit floor mats, and you can pick the carpet and edge colors and they will embroider your name...
  3. D

Body question -- 01 fender/bumper fit 97?

I have a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with damage to the driver's side front fender and front bumper cover. There is a guy parting out a 2001 Mountaineer really near me. Will the 2001 body parts fit my 1997? I know the headlamps and front grill are different, but the fender looks like a match.
  4. D

Just bought a Mountaineer... need adivce

Alright. I think it is for sure some of the rubber parts in the steering system, whether that be the bushings or the ball joints. I think this because the noise goes away after a hard rain, but comes back as the air dries up. I have looked up video instructions for replacing both, and I don't...
  5. D

Easy question: 97 Explorer=97 Mountaineer?

Thanks! I appreciate the responses.
  6. D

Easy question: 97 Explorer=97 Mountaineer?

As previously noted, I recently bought a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer. It is in sound mechanical shape, with only 64K miles, but because it sat for a while the interior has some minor mold issues. However, I just met a guy who has a 97 Explorer that he is parting out, and the interior looks...
  7. D

Thanks for the reply. I have been studying the heck out of the suspension system, so I feel like I should be able to figure something out once I can get under there and take a look (it's been raining for three days prior). I know it isn't the shocks; I bounced the front end and those respond...
  8. D

I should also note, the noise seems to be tied to steering. When I turn the wheel either direction, I hear creaking/squeaking. I just bought some white lithium to grease the bushings. Anyone care to weigh in?
  9. D

I just bought a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer. It was stationary for about six years before the guy I bought it from began driving it, so it only has 64,000 miles. There are some cosmetic stuff to work on, but it runs like a hoss. The one performance issue I seem to be having is a squeaky front...
Back