Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Just saw your explorer on a college humor video! Glad to see it's still around! Mine just came out of an 8 year storage slumber. Needed a new pump, and I cut the same access panel you showed above. Still had to undo the skid plate and straps, but I didn't need to completely drop the tank. =...
  2. M

Project Green Hornet '01 Sport SAS

I'm curious how those military tires are working out for you. The 36" goodyears are garbage. I was hoping the 37" BF goodrich ones would be a decent upgrade.
  3. M

Completed Project Brian1's Twin Trail Build (Lift, Gears, TTB Mods, Bumpers, Sliders, Cage & More!)

Reading this was a great way to spend my lunch break! Great fab work! Makes me miss my explorer. I really like the small details that you put into everything.
  4. M

Family Wheeler - 2nd Gen Mounty on Tons

hope you find a place with a comparable garage. I wish I had the land to add a detached shop like you have.
  5. M

Family Wheeler - 2nd Gen Mounty on Tons

Funny you mention that. I basically live alone, but I wonder sometimes if the grinding, cutting, banging, impacting, etc. bothers my neighbors sometimes. Haven't had a complaint yet though. I've also only done minor projects on my 150 since my explorer is still in storage until I get the funds...
  6. M

MyNameIsAric's 2005 F-150

I miss my explorer... so the f-150 has been getting more attention... 12,000lb harbor freight bush puller. 20150905_170634 by 20150905_180104 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/35662277@N02/] Put a little side dump on it too. Generic SIDO magnaflow flow through muffler. all 409 SS...
  7. M

MyNameIsAric's 2005 F-150

Tow rig love. Well, my thrid set of tires started looking pretty anemic. And since this truck is primarily used for hauling lumber and snow commuting, I figured it was time for some new rubber. Before: 20150805_175307 by c thru me, on Flickr After: 20150805_194900 by c thru me, on Flickr...
  8. M

Open to Locker? Aussie or Powertrac

I had powertrax front and rear. The front locked up even though I was in 2wd, and the rear broke and made my truck a one wheel wonder. I had a mechanic re-gear and install the lockers, so its always possible that the install was done wrong. If this isn't a daily driver, I'd recomend a...
  9. M

PA-853+Shackles needed?

If you want 2" of lift, just crank the torsion bars and add lift shackles. The bodylift is a lot of work and raises the center of gravity on the truck. It also makes the frame hang lower. If you're in a rust belt state, chances are that your shackles are in pretty bad condition anyway. With...
  10. M

What is the average age of people on the forum????

hahahahahaha I submitted my answer 9 years ago.
  11. M

Rigid Conduit for bumper??

yes. i've built my front bumper out of the sch 40 black pipe. I wouldnt build a cage out of it, but it works well to fab a cheap bumper that can take a hit prety good.
  12. M

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

A body lift does not affect the suspension of the vehicle. It will ride exactly the same, EXCEPT you have a higher center of gravity now. You MAY notice a slight increase in body roll. I drove for years on a 2" body lift, TT/shackles and 33" tires with no sway bars. Never thought I was going to...
  13. M

Have you wheeled those military BFG's is some slick mud? I'm looking for a cheap upgrade to the crap goodyears I have now. Was wondering if the BFG's were at all decent. Even grooved, the goodyear OZ tires are garbage.
  14. M

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Lift?

Should work, but 97-2001 ford explorer 4 door lift would work better. In the early days, people would adapt IFS ranger lift kits to the explorer. The 95-01 4 door explorer, 01+ explorer sport and sport trac, and the 98+ ranger are all basically identical suspension wise if I'm not mistaken.
  15. M

Just thought I'd chime in and say your truck is awesome! nice fab work. Good attention to detail. I have no idea what that part is you're looking for though.
  16. M

SAS with ABS?

You can be the first! But I have nothing useful to add.
  17. M

You're going to want to put rim stiffeners on your parts list/to do list. I have the 8 bolts on my truck and lost a wheel to a tree stump. bent the outer ring just enough to let all the air out. Not a picture of the damage to the wheel... but a picture of what the damage caused...
  18. M

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

nice work!
  19. M

Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew

sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you're ok. How do youl like the air ride helpers?
  20. M

You are going to do a disk brake conversion right?
  21. M

Crawlin91's build thread

looks good! i like it!
  22. M

you have the DANA BOM, just compare part numbers between the two axles. I was just glancing, but a lot of the part numbers looked exactly the same.
  23. M

Crawlin91's build thread

:thumbsup:
  24. M

MyNameIsAric's 98 FULL width SAS

lol I have a few bugs to work out. who ever said my 3/8 socket u-joint was a bad was right... sort of... it was OK, but i'm definitely upgrading to a half inch impact swivel socket. I also need more up travel in the front suspension. Rear suspension is good. I didnt find any problems with it...
Back