Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2002-05 wheel fit on 2001

yes.......backspacing is wayyy different. that is correct. but they WILL bolt on :salute:
  2. T

Any one running a locker in front with LS in rear?

4.10s will be a dream come true for you then. im running a locked front with a LS rear, with 4.56s best thing i ever did for my truck performance, economy wise..?? RE-GEAR!!!! (when running tires larger than 31s)
  3. T

2002-05 wheel fit on 2001

yes....all explorers have the 5x4.5 lug pattern
  4. T

Stroked 2000 5.0 long block into a 97 5.0

i have an old set of headers just laying around. you are more than welcome to them. a gift.....from me to you. :)
  5. T

mountaineer chop top.

second gen mountaineer with "factory" headers..???? doesn't sound right to me. got a pic of these headers...??
  6. T

New Engine Mounts. Truck still shakes?

the balancer is a common failure for these trucks. more commonly 3rd gens. :salute:
  7. T

1996 awd 5.0 v8 explorer - Performance mods?

$1000.....??? I would cut secondary cats, and side dump. K&N and swiss cheese the air box. throttle body or spacer upgrade. upgrade the secondary....MSD??? and RE-GEAR.....4.56s which with 30in tires with give you around 2500rpm at 70mph (this is my exp) about a G :salute:
  8. T

2001 ford explorer sport 4 inch lift

id get some wheel spacers....its pretty much the norm. when running a larger tire on a factory wheel. :salute:
  9. T

Good deal on Superlift 4" lift leaf springs

that doesn't make any sense..... these trucks have a hell of a sag anyway....4in lift springs and a TT will probley get you very close to level. this "slopPed body lift" nonsense is one of the dumbest things ive ever herd.....but if that's what you wanna do....then go for it. :salute:
  10. T

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

all this over a set of leaf springs... I would Axel over the rear and be done with this. but, I really had to fight them to get all the front parts like I said, spindles came first, then 2 months later, I kept calling.. And they say "we are waiting on swaybar extensions." I said fugg...
  11. T

Help! I want to lift my truck!

look.....if you have any MALE friends, or a BOYFRIEND, or male co-worker to help you out with this, they would be able to see where the wheel is rubbing just by looking....and what happened with GRANDPA...???? did he help you and trim what was needed.?? look and try to understand... we...
  12. T

they're ACTUALLY equal to a 32/10.5/16 NOT a 33 they measure 31.6 x 10.4. soooo, its really "a skinny 32" don't mean to nitpik you, but.....its not a 33, a 33 would be 285/75/16....and a 285/70/16 would actually be a 32 also.. 32/11.5 :salute:
  13. T

Do 03s have hall sensors?

these are only advance trac models which are only about 35% but love the enthusiasm.. :salute:
  14. T

the only thing involved in ingauging the 4x4 is that motor and the switch telling it to move. with the motor housing off and in your hand the transfer case can be turned manually into 4high 4low. this is based on 2002 ST. I worked on recently.....which I believe are the same.. the...
  15. T

sound like 2 totally different issues... you have one speed sensor in the rear diff. for ABS the other two are in the front hubs. neither of which have anything to do with the 4x4 system. you need to see if the motor is actually moving....my guess is NO. :salute:
  16. T

if you mean (hall effects) sensor...??? these type of sensors are made to "bridge" a gap in voltage using a maganet....and yes, I believe your truck uses a crank sensor (hall effects)....other types are vss sensors for ABS, and traction control. as far as fixing your 4x4...?? electronic...
  17. T

help transmision issues

uummmm....no you blew your trans up......its as easy as that... start hunting for another transmission.... it honestly sounded like the seals were not sealing until the fluid got hot. and by that time. "it leaks like a siv" (which is the worst thing for a tranny, running it...
  18. T

Exhaust Size

well, if youre "designing" your own exhaust system, don't you think a good start would be to measure your OWN exhaust and see what the specs are..?? instead of taking someones word for it..??? I mean......how do you know its 2.5in...??? crawl under the truck with a caliper and find out...
  19. T

wow.....those are some good prices for a set of used tires.... here in NY......someone would post those for 400 to 500 dollars..all day. those would be a great deal any day of the week....but I honestly liked the other set better... :salute:
  20. T

Socal Offroad Trucks Tuesday Night

wow......I would absolutely LOVE to go to one of these....but, im 2500miles away :thumbdwn::( hahaha..... I would go in a sec. none of that **** in new York :salute:
  21. T

Best way to lift front end 5"?

he wont do it.....he wants a cheap way out..... just like all these "first thread lift questions" they want 10in. for under $300....haha they just don't get it. honestly, DominicanX I would have probley picked that up from you 3 months earlier, but did the superlift front brackets...
  22. T

33s too small?

"lower the truck"....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha the difference in the brakes are 1in smaller.....hardly enough to make a difference AT ALL..... 33s to 35s......??? hardly a difference at all this is my 2cents ahhhh :salute:
  23. T

33s too small?

NO, 33s would look ok.....but 35s would look better you may have to SLIGHTLY trim at full lock with 35s. what gear ratio do you have on your truck...?? and what size tire you running now...?? :salute:
  24. T

5r55e shift flare help

solenoids don't carry "voltage"......solenoids should all (however) have a certain ohms reading, and should ALL at least have continuity. if you happen to find one without continuity, its bad.... best thing to do, is compare all the ohms readings, they should all be close....although im...
  25. T

im sure there is.....but......just leave them on.......an tape everything... that's what I did :salute:
Back