Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Cure for rapid flashing turn signals after installing LED light bulbs.

Let me put it this way, load resistor increases the electrical draw to mat h that of an incandecent bulb then what's the purpose? No electrical savings and If I have a choice of splicing a load resistor into my wiring and hoping its in the best spot not to make contact with anything that will...
  2. R

I've Seen resistors melt the wire casing on motorcycles. I wont use them. I want extended electrical system and Battery life out of LED use. Resistors kind of defeat the purpose and are dangerous
  3. R

Resistors get HOT, and defeat the purpose of a lower drain on the system that LEDs provide. LED Flasher is the only way to go. Increased Battery life on my Goldwing by switching all lights to LEDS and HIDs
  4. R

4th Gen HID Projector Retrofit and HID Fogs Build Thread

Final pics and eventual resolution?
  5. R

For Sale 2006-2010 Explorer Retrofitted Headlights - 4th gen

Sent a PM would also like an answer to "TMSOKO's " Question.
  6. R

Headlight Projector Retrofit (FX-R)

I'm considering the same mod so I will be looking for your step by step as well as pics!
  7. R

New 2009 STA Owner :)

Very Nice! Just got my ST a few weeks ago but it wasn't an adrenalin. Loked and looked and couldnt find one.
  8. R

LED load resistor installation

WOW guess I should have read the OP post from the beginning. My bad.Thats a drag because I'm not a fan of Load resistors for LEDs. Looks like I wont be changing the indicator LEDs Bummer. thats all I have left.
  9. R

8000k or 10000k Hids?

I agree. I have installed DDM HIDs in many Motorcycles, from Victory, to Harley to Goldwing’s and have only see big improvement in visibility, and lower drain on the system. I change the angle as not to blind oncoming drivers, but the 5000 K white light is much easier to see than the yellow...
  10. R

LED lights question

Swap out your Flasher for an LED flasher then the bulb. Superbright LEDs sell one.Look for at least 60SMD bulbs and 200 lumin intensity. Use Switchback LEDs on the front indicator if possible. WIll work great
  11. R

Ford Explorer HID Conversion Kits (problem?)

Had issue on my Goldwing then changed the main power connection to match my oil pressure switch. No lights until Oil Pressure started to rise then HIDs fired.
  12. R

LED load resistor installation

Change out your flasher to a LED flasher. Load resistors IMHO are dangerouse fire Hazards. Get way hot and use moe electricity than the incandesant bulb. Why go LED then? LED FLasher is cheap and no cutting and splicing needed. I have done 4 vehicles and three bikes this way. SUperbrightLED's .com
  13. R

Factory bed cover

Selling mine on my 2010 that I just purchased. Looks New, Heck it is new. Just would need to be rekeyed. Any one interested?
  14. R

Keep Getting Worse and Worse MPG

Wow, Just traded in the 98 F150 4X4 and was hoping for better than 13MPG on a twd, smaller V6. I'm averaging 13 on a 2010 with 27K on it. I was disapointed but didn't have the cash to anti-up for a F150 Eco-boost. What can we upgrade to get better MPG on these vehicles(Other than Driving...
  15. R

Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin Custom Grill

I have looked at those burt cannot find one with the top hood piece in black. Where did you get it on ebay and how did you move the Ford emblem? Thanks Ted
Back