Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Welded on exhaust no run now?

If you didn't unhook your negative battery terminal, you most likely fryyed your computer. Always remeber to disconnect BOTH battery terminals just to make sure.
  2. M

Tow hooks on first gen?

Welding cast iron/steel is not the smartest thing to do. It will be very prone to crack while welding, and if you get it to weld... It will be prone to cracking/breaking while under load. Bolting with grade 8A allen or hex bolts would be the best method. If you decided that you must weld them...
  3. M

all new brakes

$900 seem really high for just replacing those parts.... I just did a quick search on Autozone.com and found this out for you... Rear Drum - $30.99 each Rear Brake Shoes - $19.99 a set Brake Rotor and Hub Assembly - $45.99 each High Performance Ceramic Brake Pads - $36.99 a set Haynes...
  4. M

Clank!!! What was that?

I had the same thing and found it to be the raidus arm bushings. They are a pain in the arse. Sometimes they still look good and are dead. Just a thought.
  5. M

How much would you pay to run the X?

Well... I sold my Navajo and bought a 1976 Chevy K10 w/ a 350. Gas prices in cali are like 2.25 for regular so I am loving it. I am currently selling the truck though. :fart:
  6. M

hesitaion after spark plug and wire change

Disconect your negative for 30 min and then let your engine idle for like 15 min. The computer probibly needs to reset itself or you gapped the plugs wrong. Same thing happened to me on my 91.
  7. M

I've never seen BFG Mud's like these!

Screw the tires.... What happend to that truck. ITS ATTACK OF THE SWAMP THING!!!!!!!
  8. M

front wheels toeing out..?

The chamber gauges used in the 1st gen suspension are non-adjustable and have to be replaced in order to fix that problem. I would not try it at home being that you need an alignment machine to get it right. They are about 100 bucks a side for new gauges.
  9. M

alternator, good idea?

Looks good. It is remanufactured thoug. I would just got to autozonr and spend $150 and get a liftime guarantee alternator if you are going to be keeping your x for any amount of time.
  10. M

Escape Explorer

All of the first gen's had 5 on 4-1/2" lug patterns. I am not sure if they whent higher on the 2nd and 3rd gens. As far as I know, Escapes are running 5 on 4-1/2" patterns.
  11. M

My 5speed manual story

I bought my Navajo last year and I have had the tranny rebuilt 3 times. Once from the dealer I bought it from. Once from the rebuilder screwing up after only 250 miles and it eating itself again. And then 4 months later Firestone decided to race my truck and grind 2nd gear until it granaded. I...
  12. M

Photos Truck Haven 2004 Photos

Next Stock Run Hey... This is my first post. There are some seriously nice X'x here. I have a stock '91 Navajo and I would to start taking it out on stocker runs with you guys. I live El Cajon, CA. PM me reply here to let me know. SIDEWINDER OFF-ROAD!!! This is where I work :D
Back